Carb mod shop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rreidnauer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Alright, this has been on my mind for a while now. My 3120 will be used exclusively for milling operations, and I want more control over my mixture settings. For the life of me I can't imagine why, with Husky's whole line of saws, why they'd choose this one, the one most likely to be used as a milling saw, would have the high speed jet made fixed. I guess if it's an EPA thing, then I guess the EPA thinks a lean, burnt up, and no longer running saw is more environmentally friendly than a running saw.

Anyhow, back to the subject. I'm looking for a shop that can mod out the carb to have a high speed screw. It appears pretty straight forward. The body casting already has a boring lined up with the venturi jet, where the screw threads and seat can be machined in. Also, there is a recess already cast into the metering chamber, where a fuel channel can be drilled to reach the HS screw. Then all that would have to be done is plug the old main HS jet.

Here's a few pics which may clarify things.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/titantornado/WalbroWG7A.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/titantornado/Walbro_WG7_guts.jpg

Hunts Saw Shop Roseburg, Oregon

It's a long way to ship out a saw but...I just stopped by HUNTS saw shop in Roseburg, OR a couple of weeks ago and witnessed one of the modified 3120's...not only an earfull, it screemed. The owner told me not much had been modified except the carb. Might want to give them a call.

541-672-1272
1387 NE Stephens St
Roseburg OR 97470-

I've wondered the same thing

If you find anything out, could you please post back here. I'll do the same. I've been looking at the same thing. I know I could replace the carb with several of the other WG series carbs with adjustable jets, but it just seems like it should be too simple to mod the existing carb.

If anyone has any detail on part numbers for smaller replacement jets I'd be interested too.

Peter

Latest posts

Back