Carb seats - clean up?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kogafortwo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
If the needle seat or H & L seats are a little messed up, how can you clean them up without buying a new carb? All the passages in my carb are clean, because they blow through when I spray carb ceaner into them and I can see through the needle seat hole and the screen at the bottom.

I am thinking something small, dull and a little tapered to kind of rub the seat surfaces clean and smooth.

Hmm, i wouldnt play in the seat area,becuase your mixture is"decided" right at this point.You gonna mess your carb.Are you sure your seats are messed up ?

Nope, not sure. I'm gonna take the carb body into work where we have some high-powered microscopes and see if I can see down in there. I might have to fire up the endoscope if the lab has a small enough probe.

Of course, I'll do all of this off the clock.:D

'Nother hm, precision seated, don't think I'd even consider muckin' with that but I have cleaned the needles with iso before and poured some in the needle holes and swished it around. If you know its crudded up maybe a fine round toothpick (which is what I used, albiet very gently and no breakin' it off in there :bang:), dunno, just know not ta muck with the wee spots (because I'm large and clumsy), I'm sure there one of the pros may have a tip or two but I am bettin' the first one'll be 'don't do that!', just a guess :D

:cheers:

Serge

Mild damage to the seats only affect the screw calibration (i.e. "1" turn out). It has little effect on the running of the carb.

Latest posts

Back