Carb settings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetoolnut

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was given a Jonsered 2150 to service and the last part is tuning the carb, I have a Tinytach wireless tach and I have her running at around 2,500 rpm's on idle and 13,900 rpm's with the throttle wide open. The idle and pick up feels and sounds good so I'm happy with the idle and L jet, I just need advice on the H jet.

Thanks lads.

Get ur chain sharpened real good, and get a nice fresh trunk piece hosed off, that's smaller than the bar (~2/3rds the bar length), a few feet in length, and go to town making wooden plates. Don't worry too much about limiting the rev's, just remember not to hold it WOT with no load on it for more than a half second. Tune the H side in the cut so it doesn't bog out or fall flat on its face. And remember not to -force- the bar down into the cut or you'll just slip the clutch and glaze it over, just put the right amount of pressure and use the dawgteeth as an anchor to torque the tip down.

Keep in mind if you don't have a weighted fuel filter, you will be chasing that perfect tune for days, scratching your head as to why when you get it just right, the saw decides it wants to do its own thing. Ask me how I know with my MS193T.....lol

Here is a good video:

Applies to 2-stroke jetski's, but same concept.

Latest posts

Back