Carburetor adjustment tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eman85

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Need carburetor adjustment tool that will fit newer Husqvarna saw. Are the cheap sets on Amazon going to work or is there something better?

I think there is a "new" spline size now out on some makers saws and other carb. products. Been discussed on this forum I believe.

Medium spline? I think it's between the small and large spline sizes in the kits from the usual scumbags.

Can anyone confirm???

I think there is a "new" spline size now out on some makers saws and other carb. products. Been discussed on this forum I believe.
Actually you're right - Husky recently moved up to a 5mm spline from the old 4mm ones that fit most saws, on their string trimmers and some of their chainsaws. No sign anyone is making the new ones in 5mm in cheap kits.

AND when you find the correct one handle it with care, make sure it's full seated on the jet and do not force anything of the tool may just strip out it's splines, especially if the jet turns with with much resistance.

Saw I need them for is a 450 Husky about 1 year old. Am I better off buying a specific tool for those saws? Any available? All of my other saws and weedeaters take a screwdriver..

Back