Carburetor kit for later model Remington SL-9

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcmktg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the part number is for a Remington SL-9 carb kit? This SL-9 is red and white and is a later model built after Deka bought them, but it appears to be mechanically identical as the slightly older one I have (also red and white in color). If I can find the correct part number, I will post in the Trading Post forum and see if one of our sponsors has one. I will probably buy 2 in case the other one needs to be rebuilt at some point in the future, too.

Need the carb number

Somewhere on the carb...usually on the mounting flange will be stamped a letter code. Some earlier ones had tags also

Tillotson HS53A?

The only number or marking of any significance I can find on the carb is HS53A. I am assuming then that it is a Tillotson HS53A. It says on the sheet metal diaphragm cover that it was manufactured in 1963 by Tillotson. Unless there are numbers somewhere inside the carb, that is all I can find.

Hey, we have a new sponsor!:clap:

Those remmingtons are nice saws. I have the sl4 and its fun to use and has a distintive look like therest of the ling.

I really done need mine but I cant seem to part with it.

PEST said:
DG 5 HS is the diaphrams only do you need the other parts?

Actually, I was hoping for a kit with all the gaskets, etc. to do it up right, but I will take what I can get. Thanks very much for your research - I appreciate it.

RaisedByWolves said:
Hey, we have a new sponsor!:clap:

Those remmingtons are nice saws. I have the sl4 and its fun to use and has a distintive look like therest of the ling.

I really done need mine but I cant seem to part with it.

Aside from the sentimental value of the PL-5 I inherited from my Dad, my favorite of the Remingtons I have is the SL-9. At 46cc, I believe it has a noticeable power-to-weight ratio edge over the PL-5 at 57cc. With a carefully sharpened chain, that SL-9 will still pretty much hang in there with the best of them in its class. The SL-9 that needs the carb kit is one I just recently scored off of eBay for a very reasonable price. It supposedly has a new clutch and I got the whole saw for little more than what the clutch would have cost me. It runs just as strong as the other SL-9, but runs out of fuel at times when the differential pressure fluctuations that operate the carb diaphragm are stronger on one side or the other of the ratio.

Speaking of saws I don't need.... there is some guy named Darrin from Centerville, IN that has a nice Lombard on eBay. He has a video of the saw in action linked into the eBay ad. Both the saw and Darrin's marketing are impressive, to say the least. I am afraid I have the hots pretty bad for that little Lombard. :)

Hey, good news on the new sponsor! It is always great when businesses feel we are worthwhile enough to join in supporting us.

PEST said:
Worse case I can put a complete together out of the individual parts. I have the levers needles and springs

That sounds like that would work out great. I suppose I might also replace the fuel line, as well. I believe it is black in color. Is that significantly different than the clear silicone tubing used on a lot of saws? I was thinking it must be if it lasted all these years. While I am at it, I guess a fuel pickup filter might not be a bad idea as long as I am at it.

Gotta run. I work 3rd shift and it will soon be time to head out. If you are a nightowl, catch me on one of the instant messengers.

bcmktg said:

Speaking of saws I don't need.... there is some guy named Darrin from Centerville, IN that has a nice Lombard on eBay. He has a video of the saw in action linked into the eBay ad. Both the saw and Darrin's marketing are impressive, to say the least. I am afraid I have the hots pretty bad for that little Lombard. :)

If thats the Darrin Im thinking of hes got a lot of nice saws that I dont need.:bowdown:

Somewhere theres a link to his website with al the saws that hes had, videos of some too.

RaisedByWolves said:
If thats the Darrin Im thinking of hes got a lot of nice saws that I dont need.:bowdown:

Somewhere theres a link to his website with al the saws that hes had, videos of some too.

Yep. Pretty sure that is the guy. If he isn't an AS member, he should be!

btw, I think the little Lombard is gone. :cry:

Back