Carburetor question Roper 3.7

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahW

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need to know what carb kit to get for my
917351090 Roper 3.7. It runs great/slightly lean for a couple minutes and then starve dies for a minute. Fuel filter is clean and lines are new. Never redid the carb itself so who knows how old the diaphragms are. Did not change with adjustments. It has one adjuster screw.

You may have a fuel tank vent issue.
Crack open the cap after it stalls and listen nforna vacuum sound when opening. Just a thought.

Tested fuel cap for noise, still produced symptoms with cap off. Fuel lines and filter are new and clean. Turned out when I opened it up that there was a gap in the air filter along one edge and some grit got sucked in, additionally the filter was dirtied up. Still getting used to how much this thing processes compared to my little Stihl.

Washed out with carb cleaner(bar up to run the junk back out) and it ran great for several 18" logs. On another note, found out a Briggs 6hp precleaner filter fits under the air cover quite neatly with a better seal than the previous unit.

Thanks, Hot. I saw the Sears direct listing only showing the entire carb, NLA on all the kit options.

Alas, my beasty died today. It was running along and the rod bearing went out at speed. Not sure if I will rebuild it eventually but I picked up a Poulan 50cc new for $180 to get through the rest of the season. So far it seems pretty similar in power/feel but with good emissions and a brake.

If anyone is interested, I did make some steel covers for the thing. The chain cover has a bucking spike built in and the air filter is duplicated in sheet metal. If requested I can make them for a reasonable rate. Much better than the plastic ones.

Any takers? I would let the box of Roper and parts related to it go for $25 and shipping(the custom made chain and air covers are worth that much)

Have pics? I might be interested if there are any good parts for my Sears ranger.

I have a couple assembled pics for now. The tank is newly added, did not open the crankcase.

Also have a pair of 20" intenz bars(one new one slightly used) for it. Will try to get picks of the air housing and guard but the air housing looks nearly like the plastic one.

Latest posts

Back