Carlton 20" Sprocket Tip Bar For Stihl MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcain

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
For my Stihl MS361, I bought a 20" SugiHara reduced weight bar in a 050, 3/8, 72 configuration. Unfortunately, it is narrower than the ES Rollomatic and the rivets touch the front of the crankcase at the top rail. I am now looking for a new Carlton 20" sprocket tip in the same configuration and I know Oregon bought out Carlton and discontinued these bars.

I have found a few suppliers who still have Carlton sprocket tip bars in this configuration, but Bailey's for example does not list Stihl as a saw it fits. The Carlton part number I am looking at is "20-81-A172-PS". Here is the link at Bailey's "http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=CPT%2020%20HU50". I can't find any catalog information, so could someone tell me the Carlton number for a bar in this configuration with a Stihl mount. The bar looks like this:

For my Stihl MS361, I bought a 20" SugiHara reduced weight bar in a 050, 3/8, 72 configuration. Unfortunately, it is narrower than the ES Rollomatic and the rivets touch the front of the crankcase at the top rail. I am now looking for a new Carlton 20" sprocket tip in the same configuration and I know Oregon bought out Carlton and discontinued these bars.

I have found a few suppliers who still have Carlton sprocket tip bars in this configuration, but Bailey's for example does not list Stihl as a saw it fits. The Carlton part number I am looking at is "20-81-A172-PS". Here is the link at Bailey's "http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=CPT%2020%20HU50". I can't find any catalog information, so could someone tell me the Carlton number for a bar in this configuration with a Stihl mount. The bar looks like this:

They were the German made Carlton branded bars. I have a few here but only in 3/8" .063", not .050". They were good bars but are a few generations old now. Since then Carlton have run with rebranded Oregon Power Match Plus bars and now the new Windsor Speed Tip branded bars. There were also Carlton branded Tsumuras in there somewhere too.
If you can get your mitts on a 9mm Husky mount version just get the slot milled out to 12mm to fit your MS361. All the oil holes, bar tail size etc etc line up.

Last edited:
They were the German made Carlton branded bars. I have a few here but only in 3/8" .063", not .050". They were good bars but are a few generations old now. Since then Carlton have run with rebranded Oregon Power Match Plus bars and now the new Windsor Speed Tip branded bars. There were also Carlton branded Tsumuras in there somewhere too.
If you can get your mitts on a 9mm Husky mount version just get the slot milled out to 12mm to fit your MS361. All the oil holes, bar tail size etc etc line up.

Yup!!! Once you tie it down, less than 3 minutes cut time.

Latest posts

Back