Carlton 7015 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpavao1066

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently purchased an 06 Carlton 7015. I am going over it checking that everything is within adjustment. I got to the poly chain and it looked loose to me, about 2 1/4" of deflection by hand. I found a PDF manual online and the section showing how to properly adjust it gives a table and a math equation showing how to determine proper tension. My problem is to find your correct value on the table, you need to know the rpm of the drive pully. I cannot find anything on it, and really have no way of knowing. So I'm a little confused right now and I really want to make sure this thing is in adjustent before using it. Does anyone know off hand what I need to do to get my proper adjustment spec? I saw that it needs to be 1/16" deflection per inch of distance from center to center of the shafts, with x lbs of force on the belt. Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.

-Justin

Hi everyone, I recently purchased an 06 Carlton 7015. I am going over it checking that everything is within adjustment. I got to the poly chain and it looked loose to me, about 2 1/4" of deflection by hand. I found a PDF manual online and the section showing how to properly adjust it gives a table and a math equation showing how to determine proper tension. My problem is to find your correct value on the table, you need to know the rpm of the drive pully. I cannot find anything on it, and really have no way of knowing. So I'm a little confused right now and I really want to make sure this thing is in adjustent before using it. Does anyone know off hand what I need to do to get my proper adjustment spec? I saw that it needs to be 1/16" deflection per inch of distance from center to center of the shafts, with x lbs of force on the belt. Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.

-Justin

Alot of times I just give them a call those guys will know off hand. I forget how much torque to use and stuff like that all the time. If no one on here comes up we it the answer call them on monday.

-Justin

If it doesn't slip just run it. Don't expect a lot of technical talk from the guys at Carlton.

That machine is pretty and sucks like a slow little girl,,,, my 672 Vermeer would eat it for brunch!
Jeff

672 is a tow behind, Jeff. Not the same type of machine. But yeah, a 672 will outgrind a 7015. An old 665 would probably stay with it. I don't own a 630 Vermeer any longer but I have owned several and they would do what my Carlton 4012 with a 44hp kubota will do even though they had a little 30hp gas Wisconsin.

Thank you I will give them a call to double check. I adjusted it so it was tracking true and put what I felt was a good tension but I'd like to be sure. I don't really think just running it is a wise choice on a $500+ belt. Buyin replacement and wear parts prematurely just seems like wasted money to me.
Personally I'm thrilled to have this machine. I really don't have much use for a tow behind unit, I seem to pick up a decent amount of work that is just unaccessible to anything but self propelled. This thing is a huge step from my little rayco 1625 sj.

Back