Carlton bars made in Taiwan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
I was picking up a new 14" bar and chain for my dads limber a Mac 130 and was getting a 12" bar and chain for my limber Poulan 2000. I picked up and was looking at the Carlton bars and when I flipped it over it had the little gold sticker on it made in Taiwan,bar stamped made Taiwan also. I put the Carlton's back and left. I went and found a Oregon 12" Pro 91 and a Oregon 14" 91 for the saws and they both have made in the USA on them. I was just wondering is just the small Carlton's bars made in Taiwan or have they all went Taiwan? I heard good things about Carlton on this site, but when given the choice of Taiwan bars, I even has a homeowner will find something else.

I've seen some I think were GB, some Tsamura, and those taiwanese things too. the first two, you can figure out are probably pretty good, I havent tried, so I dont know, but I have heard good things about em.

I bought the Oregons Pro 91 and 91 (Made in USA) for the saws. Would have bought the Carltons but the Made in Taiwan scared me off.

My Calton 'Premium Sprocket Tip' 18" 3/8 x .050 bar says 'Made in Japan' and its one heavy dude, much heavier than an 18" Stihl bar. Feels and acts like its a solid quality steel bar. It feels like it will last forever; we'll see. Got it on a 'close out' at Bailey's for a good price. Wish they had had it in the .325 x 63 size too; but, no luck.

Back