• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radio

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Looking for Carlton k2c loops in 18 and 20 inch. I think that WoodlandPro 28sc used to be a repacked k2c so that would work as well.

Has Carlton discontinued this chain?

Carlton:
K = 325 chain
2 = .058 guage
L = Chisel
C = semi chisel

Woodland pro
The first two numbers denote the pitch and guage
2 = .325
8 = .058
RC = regular chisel
SC = Semi-chisel
RCS = regular chisel skip

Both woodland and carlton are the same chain with different markings.

Either way I have some 325 058 chain on the shelf that is either Carlton or Woodland Pro. Cant remember the brand but I can spin you some loops.

PM me...

I got about 50 feet left of a roll of 58j Carlton pro full chisel pm me if stills looking

Thank you. I am looking for the pro semi-chisel since I am cutting a lot of dirty wood and need to to a bit of boring as well with it. Oregon bpx has bumpers as well as Carlton k2c-bl and k2c-gl. That's why I have been looking for the straight k2c or Woodlandpro 28sc.

Do you know if it the k2c without bumper or guard links?
the "guard links" just make the chain run smoother without chatter if you are in hard wood.

Let me check my rolls tonight. I recall them being no guard links and no safety bumpers. Can't remember if I have semi-chisel or just chisel.

Sorry I said guard link before... bumper link/guard link (seen below) is good chain. runs really smooth in hardwoods with less chatter. and doesn't require a double grind on depth gauges when sharpening.
05112009544.jpg

Don't mistake bumperlink/guardlink for the dog eared VANGUARD. Below is Vanguard chain which actually runs pretty good until the 3rd-4th sharpening.
72Vpic2.jpg

Yea I know you didn't mention vanguard. But when I say guardlink chain people usually think "guardlink = vanguard" which is wrong.

Also not to be insulting but you are starting your bore cuts with the bottom tip of your bar right? It won't matter what chain you use, if you're not doing it right. Just asking to make sure. There have been plenty of times i've been corrected on here...

I'll check for semi-chisel tonight.

Cheers!
Nate

I have ~50ft of K2C left. I checked with Baileys and they no longer carry K2C.

f37b0bd1b9620d6e1aa3773b8ddc2756.jpg

92ef9cc4dda6d9587b53fa847dd9efd6.jpg

Latest posts

Back