Carrying case for full wrap handle saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn sorry for your loss. Everyone ok?
Was that your shop?
Ya that was my shop. Lets just say I'm finding out how much insurance I don't have. Lost all my saws, tools everything. Polaris ranger, my sons pickup.

From the Hills

Yeah that sucks, you had some nice saws in your sig.
Have you started separate thread on this?
Not to mention the vehicles lost.

Well Ferguson, I haven't got those pics taken. Had some other things on my mind!
dbc1a59e9262e093df1892a5b0ed8935.jpg
b47b926f5ab85d4fe04fac0c7ab595ef.jpg
70ad13f50cc53893d06605b5daf10f14.jpg
66715a60674430531fca656fc8816284.jpg

From the Hills

No but it's on the Iowa gtg thread

From the Hills
OMG. That so sucks. It puts a knot in my stomach I know how you feel I had a building collapse on my business and the insurance got out on some loop hole. But I am sure you heaD something on it. It was in Toledo.
I pray your insurance comes through. If you need anything let me know ( PM me) I will do what ever I can.

Oh not bad, F40's are rare in Scandinavia. Got any pictures of them that you could send me?

Here's the trailer, i'll see if I can dig up some more pictures later.

View attachment 479297

The power take off trailer wheel drive is a slick idea. I have a cut off pickup bed trailer, with intact normal rear end, and been wondering about how to do that with the truck I use to pull it, but just doing it with a tractor is much easier in theory. Gearing and such would have to be researched though. But then again, no worries towing it as is with the tractor.

The power take off trailer wheel drive is a slick idea. I have a cut off pickup bed trailer, with intact normal rear end, and been wondering about how to do that with the truck I use to pull it, but just doing it with a tractor is much easier in theory. Gearing and such would have to be researched though. But then again, no worries towing it as is with the tractor.

It took my dad and I a while to figure out how to piece it all together, but it was a fun build and the trailer works as intended.

PTO powered trailers are great. A 2wd tractor with a pto trailer has far better traction than a 4wd tractor and trailer. Even a regular trailer can be improved alot, by just adding oversized wheels and playing with weight distribution.

I will most likely make a thread with pictures from the build and the restoration of my two Ferguson tractors.

CoreyB,

I was on the hunt for such an animal a few years back and never did find an actual case. I resorted to building my own box out of plywood, but got kinda carried away. Here's the thread I started on the subject, complete with pics of my finished project. Certainly can't really be called a "case"...way too big.

The wildland fire equipment suppliers often carry fabric chainsaw bags. Here's a nice one made by the Pack Shack:

picserve.cgi

I've seen this one up close--it's nice...if kinda spendy. :nofunny:

Good luck.

So far I think, a used army duffel bag is the cheapest.

with that said, just had an interesting idea..how about a convertible handle instead, then a lot of cases would fit. Start with a normal half wrap. This has two small sleeves to the side for attachment points, the other half snaps on when needed with a normal pushbutton spring arrangement, like as used on other sorts of things, extension poles, etc. The sleeves themselves could be bolt on, meaning any number of existing saws could be modified.

Ya that was my shop. Lets just say I'm finding out how much insurance I don't have. Lost all my saws, tools everything. Polaris ranger, my sons pickup.

From the Hills
Sorry for your loss.
The Polaris should be covered. And most of the tools. Not the truck unless you had a rider. But ANY parts for the truck will be.
I should be able to help you. PM me.

Sorry for your loss.
The Polaris should be covered. And most of the tools. Not the truck unless you had a rider. But ANY parts for the truck will be.
I should be able to help you. PM me.
I know it sucks because I have been through it. It doesn't feel that way now but you will rebuild.
I already knew how to put up a barn but what I learned is invaluable- how to deal with insurance companies.
Click on first pic for captions
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/gallery/albums/old-barn-new-barn.1342/

Back