Carving in southern Michigan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carvinmark

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
I will be at Marine City (near Port Huron) September 18,19 and 20th for thier Octoberfest. If any of you are close, stop in and see me. I will be carving and have many finished carvings for sale.

carvinmark

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yes, Fall is upon us. Wish I could spend the winter in a warmer place but I've got a ton of wood cut for heat to get thru it.
I have a hard time with posting pics? I will make sure I get some and then you guys can help me post some.

pastryguyhawaii

pastryguyhawaii

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Yes, Fall is upon us. Wish I could spend the winter in a warmer place but I've got a ton of wood cut for heat to get thru it.
I have a hard time with posting pics? I will make sure I get some and then you guys can help me post some.

I have my wood cut for our harsh winter, too. It can dip down into the 50's here. I can try to help you post some pics. I know how but am not good at explaining it.

carvinmark

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
What kind of btus do you get out of palm trees? Probably enough to fight off 50 degrees right.:cheers:

LOL, A couple years ago a guy had me cut (on the mill) a Palm that he just brought back from Florida. That thing had so much water in it that I couldn't belive it, no wonder it was so heavy. Bet it would take years for it to dry out.

pastryguyhawaii

pastryguyhawaii

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
When I moved here back in '82 I used to laugh at the people who thought it got cold here. Your blood thins out. I picked up a dried palm when I was cutting once and it was lighter than air. I burn kiawe and ohia which would be good firewood anywhere. All it has to do is get below 70 and I make a fire. (I know, I'm a wuss)

Latest posts