CAT IT28 loader-fire wood processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKKAMAAN

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Here is an another way to process 2-4" stems into fire wood...Swedish design from a another Swedish forum buddy, Björn!
<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6cb_tWuDAvc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6cb_tWuDAvc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

It's a neat machine, but very much a niche machine, probably much more suited to it's European habitat than much of the firewood made here in the US.

Get me one to demo for a week, and I could put it to good use in a stand of Dutch Elm Disease killed 6" DBH young growth near here, but after that, I'm afraid I wouldn't have a lot of use for it. I go by the place daily, and think it's a waste of good wood, but just not economical to manual harvest.

I always like seeing "outside the box" designs. Thanks for sharing!

It's a neat machine, but very much a niche machine, probably much more suited to it's European habitat than much of the firewood made here in the US.

Get me one to demo for a week, and I could put it to good use in a stand of Dutch Elm Disease killed 6" DBH young growth near here, but after that, I'm afraid I wouldn't have a lot of use for it. I go by the place daily, and think it's a waste of good wood, but just not economical to manual harvest.

I always like seeing "outside the box" designs. Thanks for sharing!

Oh I totally agree about niche.....they do not have free firewood like we have here....everything over 3-4" is commercial;) wood for at least pulp...

The european firewood processing videos amaze me too. The wood they process is like childs play, shears and splits up so easily. I have some midwest fence row elm that Id like to see that thing slice off and split at the same time,, Gimmie a beer and a lawn chair first:cheers:, LOL.

Back