CAUTION: This may happen to you!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here is a funny little story I thought I would share. At guy at work brings in the newspaper everyday and when he is finished, it makes the rounds. Today he came in looked at the front page and then went around to many others in the building. Then he came back to his desk and read the paper. As he read, an unusual amount of people gathered near. So then he tosses the paper over to me and says "what is that saw on the front page?" I look at the picture and say "a Uni-Vent prepared Husqvarna 575XP", as the picture was of local fire depts training by cutting up an old building, clearly using the stated saw. Then the crowd starts to grumble and file by my co-worker as they leave a pile of money behind.

Turns out, he remembered that last winter I quickly IDed a Jonsered 2165 in a picture in the paper. So, he found some gamblers and cleaned them out. One loser wanted proof, so I showed him the finer points that gave it away and compared it to pictures on the Unifire site. Now half the people at work give me dirty looks, but the winner bought me lunch.

Here is a funny little story I thought I would share. At guy at work brings in the newspaper everyday and when he is finished, it makes the rounds. Today he came in looked at the front page and then went around to many others in the building. Then he came back to his desk and read the paper. As he read, an unusual amount of people gathered near. So then he tosses the paper over to me and says "what is that saw on the front page?" I look at the picture and say "a Uni-Vent prepared Husqvarna 575XP", as the picture was of local fire depts training by cutting up an old building, clearly using the stated saw. Then the crowd starts to grumble and file by my co-worker as they leave a pile of money behind.

Turns out, he remembered that last winter I quickly IDed a Jonsered 2165 in a picture in the paper. So, he found some gamblers and cleaned them out. One loser wanted proof, so I showed him the finer points that gave it away and compared it to pictures on the Unifire site. Now half the people at work give me dirty looks, but the winner bought me lunch.

HA! Good one!

Kevin

Welcome to my life.

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :laugh: :laugh:

That is a good story. :cheers:

:hmm3grin2orange: You got me on the 272, and I had READ the tag!!!

Nice !

I wish I hadn't told anybody at work about my CAD and chainsaw collection though. People ask me for sharpening chains, what to buy, what's wrong with their saw, etc.... and last but not least, they do like to make jokes about this weird "collector of old chainsaws"... grrrrrrrrrr :sucks:

Latest posts

Back