CDL B

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonDarrin12

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m new here on the website but I figured I’d ask a question that most of you would probably know. Do you need your passenger endorsement to drive a truck with a bucket/boom lift on it? I know the General Knowledge and Air Brakes segments are on the written exam obviously. But just curious about the passenger endorsement, if that’s needed at all.
Thanks y’all!

Hi everyone, I’m new here on the website but I figured I’d ask a question that most of you would probably know. Do you need your passenger endorsement to drive a truck with a bucket/boom lift on it? I know the General Knowledge and Air Brakes segments are on the written exam obviously. But just curious about the passenger endorsement, if that’s needed at all.
Thanks y’all!
You need a cdl b if the truck is over 26,001 pounds and the trailer that’s being towed is under 10,000 pounds.

Thanks y’all!
No, you do not need the passenger endorsement. Copied from the Illinois SOS...Passenger Endorsement (P) — Knowledge and skills/drive testing is required to drive a vehicle designed to carry 16 or more passengers (including the driver).

Thanks y’all!
No passenger endorsement needed here in California- but I can’t speak for other states.

Back