Central boiler owners help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjcole50

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Really close to pulling the trigger here. For those with experience so you think a 4030 will handle my place? Built in 78 1700 sq ft 20 ft cathedral ceiling open loft plus basement and hot water in north west ohio? Even during the nasty snaps of 20 below? I would rather not oversize a boiler here. I have no intention on heating any other buildings. I have a wood stove in the shop for the rare times i spend out there in the winter. Unless somehing breaks down or needs maintenance i try to avoid working out there for extended periods
I tried comparing the numbers on other models... the 5036 gains a few inches on length and width in the fire box which cant gain me that much. It does have 50 extra gallons of water capacity which i know is nice. I am also considering the ridgewood model 3500 supposed to heat 3k sq ft with a similar sized firebox to the 4030 and only 10 more gallons of water in the jacket. I would like the boiler to be under 6k itself. I also like what i see with the new classic edge. I downloaded the manual for it and soent some time reading it

I have a smaller place than you, about 1200 sq ft and I have a 5036 and love it. I do keep my basement heated also to about 60 deg. We both work all day so the fact I only have to fill that firebox once a day even in the coldest weather is huge. I live in Upstate NY so the temperatures here can be very cold also. My only regret is I didn't buy mine until 2008..... I also have a small heater core in the garage but do not use it much either but is nice to have there in case I do want to work in the garage in the winter. For hot water I have a 10 plate water to water heat exchanger. I never run out of hot water in the winter months. From the others I see around not mentioning any brand names I am glad I bought a Central Boiler. That's all I will say on that issue. This will be my 8th heating season and all have done to my unit so far is replaced a couple door gaskets due to creosote buildup. My light switch was getting a little flaky last year I am going to replace it before this season.

4030 is a no go none available anywhere accordinf to multiple dealers. Found a few 5036s. But for me if im paying that much then i will go gasser and try out the edge 350/550. Dealer is putting together a quote for me soon. Hell atleast i have 8 cord of hickory and oak split to stove size sittin at 18% mc split to 18" pieces waiting which will work alot better in a gasser as opposed to the classic ha

4030 is a no go none available anywhere accordinf to multiple dealers. Found a few 5036s. But for me if im paying that much then i will go gasser and try out the edge 350/550. Dealer is putting together a quote for me soon. Hell atleast i have 8 cord of hickory and oak split to stove size sittin at 18% mc split to 18" pieces waiting which will work alot better in a gasser as opposed to the classic ha

Back