Central Boiler water temp question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Govgoodwin

Reaction score
First of all a little background, We bought a CB7260 from a friend that was moving, got it all hooked up and just started a fire about an hour ago and the water temp said 16 degrees now it says -9 degrees, is this normal or what do you think is going on here. Not sure the door draft is openng either. Can someone please help us out. Thanks

If you just fired it an hour ago, the fire should still be burning heating the water up to temp. Turn off the main breaker to the boiler, you should hear the door close. Better yet, open the door and look to see that the air inlet is open. As far as the temp reading, that sounds quite off, you may need to have the temp regulator changed. That model has a blower fan in the door doesn't it? You should hear that running, and have a blazing fire going by now.

Kyle

The led readout went wacky in mine a couple of years ago it did not effect any thing but looked silly reading 298 degrees. Check the dampner by shutting off power if it works let it run untill it shuts off or if it boils you know the control is bad.It can take hours depending on what your cutout temp is and how hot your water is I will touch a pipe in the house to guess water temp. I do stupid sh*t like touching hot pipes it doesen't bother my hands but if you are smarter than me (think rock) use care.

Before you start replacing parts do what my dealer told me. Throw the main power switch on the stove to the OFF position. Take the control panel cover off and loosen, then retighten all the wire with screw type connectors including the grounds. You DO have a GOOD ground don't you? That in itself can give you grief.

My controller started giving readings all over the place and after retightening the wires it has worked fine for 5 years now. Start with the simple and cheap stuff. Kevin

Well we bought a controller today and replaced the LED part but found that the wire with the thermostat on it is the problem, my question now, do we need to drain the water to replace the wire or is there another way to do it without draining the stove?

No there are about 5 wiers on the back of the controler. I pryed the plastic lock ring off the back pulled the control out unscrewd the lugs put the new plastic lock back over the wires put the wires in the same slot snugged them up stuffed the controller back in the slot put that keeper back on and turned the power back on and go. Oh I wrote the colored wires and the number slot on the back of the controller down so I could get them back where they need to go.

Thanks for replying so quickly but I'm a little confused now, we already replaced the LED part of the controller but did not replace the wire or temp sensor (with the gold thermostat on it) we followed that wire and it goes into the side of the stove from the panel, is this what you are talking about replacing?

Back