Central Illinois/ Iowa GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd still like to do this sometime. Just finding/making the time is a chalenge. We have a lot of work to get done this spring. I have to plant 2000 trees this weekend. And we had a polebarn put up last spring that still needs graded around and another barn cleaned out and torn down. Plus I would have to get a bunch of timber up to the barn for a GTG. I'm not saying I don't want it to happen. Just a matter of "getting er done". WDO

Bill G.

Call me....maybe there is some way we could make this happen.
Perhaps downtown Little York.....
Our welder friend has a good size corner lot next to his shop. (And needs LOTS of wood to heat his shop)
I have tents, all sizes, tables, chairs, etc. (from the Gun Club)
The Sweetwater Saloon is right next door for food and beverages.
Trick would be getting some good size logs hauled in there.
Do you think there would be enough room there?

How many would be interested....let's get a head count.

Last edited:
Depending on the schedule, I would plan to attend.

I can bring along a bunch of vintage McCulloch saws to provide a bit of comic relief again.

Mark

attachment.php

Bill G.

Call me....maybe there is some way we could make this happen.
Perhaps downtown Little York.....
Our welder friend has a good size corner lot next to his shop. (And needs LOTS of wood to heat his shop)
I have tents, all sizes, tables, chairs, etc. (from the Gun Club)
The Sweetwater Saloon is right next door for food and beverages.
Trick would be getting some good size logs hauled in there.
Do you think there would be enough room there?

How many would be interested....let's get a head count.

Hello Dan,

I am all in, I might be able to make two runs down. One with some wood and one with saws. I hope our welder freind has that 2 man Mall going. As for room hell we can make some. As for the Saloon tell them I might just buy the first round when we are done.

Bill

Bill, he did, in fact get that old Mall running!

Got to do a little more research into the liabilty end of this.
First thing Al (the welder) asked, when I asked about using his place was what about insurance.

Hoping we can make this happen, somehow.

Don't know how I missed this

This sounds like a great time. It is a bit of a ways go, but sounds like a lot of good people would be there and a lot of them that I'd like to meet. Unless it is on a weekend that I am committed to something else count me in. Would give me the shove needed to get the SP125 running right for a GTG. JR

Sounds tempting for me and Heavy Fuel(jredjonny), I wonder how many saws I can haul on my cycle?:monkey:

Wow that would be a trip. You are 438 miles north:dizzy:. Heck you will be driving right through JRA and Heiman's places. You guys could carpool.

Bill

Wow that would be a trip. You are 438 miles north:dizzy:. Heck you will be driving right through JRA and Heiman's places. You guys could carpool.

Bill

Heck Snelling expressed interest...and he's even farther I think. :cheers:

Heck Snelling expressed interest...and he's even farther I think. :cheers:

According to mapquest Franklin OH is 420 miles/6hrs 51min from Little York

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Fra...99&1g=-84.304199&1v=CITY&2c=Little+York&2s=IL

According to mapquest Grantsburg WI is 438 miles/7hrs 28min from Little York

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Grantsburg&1s=WI&2c=Little+York&2s=IL

I makes no difference as they are both a whole heck of long distance from Little York

Bill

Hey Mark

You got that right buddy. I have been so busy with all sorts of things lately that I haven't had time to get it going right. I have a carb kit that is supposed to fit it, but it came sans instructions. I think all of the lines are OK, but I'm not sure. I may need your expert help on this. I have had it running twice, but that was after we fixed the plug, and I put in new gas, just a bit, and it started and ran. I either ran it out of gas, or it leaked out, and I put a bit more in a few days later, and it started and ran again. Not been able to get it going since, but haven't really tried either.

This get together sounds like a great time, and a chance to meet some great people again. I hope this comes off. JR

Back