Central New York GTG - 9/20

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marshy

Marshy

285 Killa
Not difficult considering there was only 2 guys there :(
How many if you count the ones who brought Stihl's too? LoL j/k

Wish I could have made it. I actually injured my knee on Saturday, messed my whole weekend up. Went to the docs yesterday and they said I have fluid in the joint, gave me a brace, crutches, pain med and told me to stay off it. So the plan was to stay heels up today but then I got a call asking if I could drop 3 trees for a friends neighbor. So I loaded the saw, took a short drive, dropped 3 trees, returned home all in 2 hrs and put $60 in my pocket. Not bad for being on injured reserved.

mcobb2

mcobb2

ArboristSite Operative
It's all Brett's fault.... No I'm kidding. No I apologize for such a loose show. I take full blame. I should of planned months in advance, not weeks. I know it was still fun and entertaining. I had a buddy that had never been to a gtg like this and JP's assortment made his year. He used to run a few of the old saws the JP had with him and I could tell he was tickled pink about it. From my point of view if you have a guy who runs saws for a living could be glowing like he was, that's a successful event. We had a total of three members not including myself as well as a few friends of members. JP has a beautiful collection of time capsules that is for sure. Once again thanks to those who could make it in short notice. Although we can always hope for more I think we all had a good time... Well **** I can't think of too many days running saw as a hobby as a "bad day." I was pretty excited about my 88 until I saw that 090...

mcobb2

mcobb2

ArboristSite Operative
Glad you guys had fun!! He does have some heavy hitters...I don't think he has a saw that's under 90ccs!
He had 1 or 2 is all today I think... He had a XL-823 which I believe is under 90 and a minty fresh looking 372 xpw non xtorq. I'm not a husky guy and even I was giving it the 'How-YOU-doing' look...

Ambull

Ambull

OCD Muscle Saw Collector
Yes we had all the ingredients for a good GTG. Good location, and lots of good wood to cut. It was fun to bring some of my older saws which had not been run in a long time. Thanks mcoob2

The XL923 is only a little over 80cc's. I can't say enough about the 102LL fuel. I hadn't run that saw in about 5 years, and I didn't even add fuel to it. It started up on about 3 pulls, smoked a little bit, and then cleaned up and ran perfectly.

MustangMike
Mark, very sorry I was not able to make your GTG this year, if you have one next year I will do my best to be there.

The kitchen floor renovation that we planned for 3 days (started a week ago Monday) took 5 days, then all week end long I was cleaning up the mess, re installing molding and window blinds, etc, etc. (and this all happened right after our well fiasco). I'm still doing stuff, just brought a load to the dump today.

While you are over 4 hours away for me, my property (Hancock) and some relatives (West Winfield) are both about an hour and 1/2 away, so, hopefully next year I can work it out.

Hope everyone had a good time.

mt.stalker

mt.stalker

ArboristSite Guru
Mark, very sorry I was not able to make your GTG this year, if you have one next year I will do my best to be there.

The kitchen floor renovation that we planned for 3 days (started a week ago Monday) took 5 days, then all week end long I was cleaning up the mess, re installing molding and window blinds, etc, etc. (and this all happened right after our well fiasco). I'm still doing stuff, just brought a load to the dump today.

While you are over 4 hours away for me, my property (Hancock) and some relatives (West Winfield) are both about an hour and 1/2 away, so, hopefully next year I can work it out.

Hope everyone had a good time.
Mike , I'm 20 mins from Hancock . There will be a good HS football game there friday night !

weimedog

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Did a fly by... had to get another 2 hours east to meet Spike60... I was really late. I have a few clips but this beast was really cool. AND I did come back thru and had a "Magro's" moment on the way home. Made my day. Then had to get back to work before the sun went down...a reality moment

Adirondackstihl

Adirondackstihl

Flyz, Fuel & Fotos
Did a fly by... had to get another 2 hours east to meet Spike60... I was really late. I have a few clips but this beast was really cool. AND I did come back thru and had a "Magro's" moment on the way home. Made my day. Then had to get back to work before the sun went down...a reality moment

Great video Weimedog !!

Latest posts