Central Va. GTG 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roanoker494

Roanoker494

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Take 2.

gtgrevised_zpsa3601087.png

The boy at the left top row his name is johnathen and his dad is beside him (tom).
The cooks were ,
david harvey
Wayne murray
sam nixon
rick dye

Ernies mom (shirley harris) and his sister (rhonda garrett) were serving food.

Wood was suplied by , Great dane tree service , and nicholas towing , sawmandave.

david:msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

Still have one unidentified feller between Tom and Thomas1

7oaks

7oaks

DRUGSTORE LOGGER
attachment.php
How does a monkey get the chips all over his back unless the chain is on backwards?
:cheers:

I was perplexed as well so I wrote a 305 page proposal and got a government grant to do a video study and here are the results. My, scientifically obtained, conclusion is that his modified saw is so slow that the chips float in the air but he is even slower and can't get out of their way!!

See what you think? :msp_w00t: :dizzy: :msp_scared:

[video=youtube_share;4OkDMXYKfFw]http://youtu.be/4OkDMXYKfFw[/video]

Last edited:
bryanr2

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
I was perplexed as well so I wrote a 305 page proposal and got a government grant to do a video study and here the results. My, scientifically obtained, conclusion is that his modified saw is so slow that the chips float in the air but he is even slower and can't get out of their way!!

See what you think? :msp_w00t: :dizzy: :msp_scared:

[video=youtube_share;4OkDMXYKfFw]http://youtu.be/4OkDMXYKfFw[/video]

That video was pretty bad a@#.:rock:

Mastermind- looks like the 2095 was running real good.

lly_duramax

lly_duramax

ArboristSite Operative
It looks like you fellers had a good time. I wish I could have made it but I work 6 10s on nightshift and I had already took my vacation for the end of the month to get hitched.

ja_cain

ja_cain

ArboristSite Operative
7oaks? Stihl S10

I'm apologizing before hand if this is not 7oaks. Sorry about the blown highlights :) Always a compromise when exposing for subject with mixture of sunlight/shaded areas without fill flash. I'm sure 7oaks knows all about that :)

View attachment 289472

thomas1

thomas1

sodium pentothal
floating down the river of tears that gushes forth
I'm apologizing before hand if this is not 7oaks. Sorry about the blown highlights :) Always a compromise when exposing for subject with mixture of sunlight/shaded areas without fill flash. I'm sure 7oaks knows all about that :)

View attachment 289472

I think that's the most interesting man in the world. :msp_wink:

sawmandave

sawmandave

ArboristSite Operative
I would have loved to have been there as well. With a sick 8month old and sick almost 4 yr old the trip would not have gone well. I love all of the pics and putting some faces to familiar names as well as seeing the welcoming people I met on my last trip.

Ernie, Dave and the VA locals have really outdone themselves. If you guys need to try a real power unit for the saw mill dad has a 6-71 with lock up torque converter and 4 hydraulic pumps out of a JD scraper, the neighbors would be able to hear it 8 miles away without the exhaust on.

Keep up the great work, you guys are truly what makes this hobby so enjoyable.
We have already been thru that idea , can get a 671 , but been advised that a unit would turn the mill to fast and since it is set up for a tractor , would not be a good idea:bang:

dave:biggrin:

stinkbait

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here's a couple videos. I have some more uploading now.

[video=youtube;WZ0yrVT7zqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ0yrVT7zqA&feature=share&list=UU3rhK5rqK8s_FJlPeHEi-Mw[/video]