Central Va./Dinosaur50 GTG 2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube_share;6y2qH716kck]http://youtu.be/6y2qH716kck[/video]

36cc's, running 3/8lp chain. not blisteringly fast...but a definite attention-getter..lol.

Last edited:
231766d1333324601-tuning-mall-jpg
231765d1333324558-stock-vs-piped-jpg
View attachment 231765View attachment 231766

Last edited:
LOL, not sure if Watsonr's expression in that photo is "WOW!" or "WHY?"

That pipe saw's official codename is P.A.T pm me for details. well i guess i can say it here, if not i will delete it. P.A.T stands for Polishing A Turd

Last edited:
there is another one in the works....shhhhh. :msp_sneaky: Build thread coming soon. i can say this, it wont be a "plastic" poulan lol

yup i know what it is 2 a poulan 3400 i know because i give Pioneer fan that saw and a few others after gtg we came 2 my house and trade saws

BAH!!!! well the secret is out. lol :hmm3grin2orange: Yep, the next pipe saw will be a 3400 poulan. This time, i am not playing....lol:msp_scared:

I have often wondered just what kind of power could be squeezed out of a 3400, this will be interesting to say the least.

Just filled the car back up today and I got 36mpg on the trip. Who else can report that?!

EDIT:
I have a thick ring 3800 top end here if you want to kick it up a notch...... It has some intake side scoring but the compression was still 125-130. I also have a 4000 high top filter cover and filter that I could be talked out of.

Last edited:
I have often wondered just what kind of power could be squeezed out of a 3400, this will be interesting to say the least.

Just filled the car back up today and I got 36mpg on the trip. Who else can report that?!

EDIT:
I have a thick ring 3800 top end here if you want to kick it up a notch...... It has some intake side scoring but the compression was still 125-130. I also have a 4000 high top filter cover and filter that I could be talked out of.

Thanks johnny....i want to see what can be gotten from a "stock bore" saw. i have a copy of Gordan Jennings...and Gordon Blair's book right here....let's see what happens. Oh yeah..this will be another "homemade" pipe...so expect the frankenstein look to continue..lol

EDIT: well if I can squeeze the same percentage out of this 3400, that i managed to get from the 2150...it should be pretty serious....i hope.

I still have not done a "postmortem" on the 2150 yet......Sawmandave finally convinced me to let him run it, and ..of course...it dies halfway through the cut...have not gotten it to refire yet.....really have not tried either. Not saying He did anything to it...far from it, just was hoping to get an honest opinion of it's performance....and it pukes...lol

You know, roanoker...it did that when we ran the piped vs. stock run..., but it refired immediately....hmmmm

Last edited:

EDIT:

We came close pulling down 27 at 70mph

First thing that hits me in mind on your 2150 is the coil, it did get pretty darn hot there a couple times. That saw gave a whole different meaning to "smoking hot saw"......... Bet it bent a valve when it sucked my stock 2150 through the intake......... :rock:

First thing that hits me in mind on your 2150 is the coil, it did get pretty darn hot there a couple times. That saw gave a whole different meaning to "smoking hot saw"......... Bet it bent a valve when it sucked my stock 2150 through the intake......... :rock:

:hmm3grin2orange: LOL. yeah, she did get pretty toasty on that 3 cut run. The paint on the pipe was boiling like water, (well you saw that). I will figure it out...sometime. She still feels like she has great compression, so i hope it is something external. But it would be pretty cheap to fix if it roasted a piston.

And you are right, Roanoker, from the operator position, i can't tell which one is louder....the pipe...or the intake roar...lol

Last edited:
Just got a chance to look through the videos and pictures. Nice to see all of the old saws out...Looks like the weather was good and a good time was had by all.
Thanks for sharing the pics and vids!

Brian

Glad you guys had a good time... looks like a lot of fun was had. Sorry I couldnt make it Michael, maybe one of these days...

Carl Contra

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r40i-FbmuTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ask and it shall be given you...........................................:cheers:

Back