Central Va./Dinosaur50 GTG 2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this was from Deans saw, NOW THESE ARE CHIPS!!
100MEDIA_IMAG1107.jpg

The famous Dolmar 166 ran by carguy, owned by Rudedog.
100MEDIA_IMAG1117.jpg

I'm sure someone will post a pic of the 372XPW that Paul (Carguy) brought, it was ported by Terry Landrum and was SICK!!! Was without a doubt the fasted small saw (under 100cc) in the lot! I will say the 750 put a whooping on some saws.....

But I think the SP125 brought by Dean was faster although they were never ran side by side... I think? I don't remember... we ran so many saws my hands are still tingling, ears ringing and can't wait for another GTG!

Randy,

The fellow with the beard is Ernie Harris from up in Louisa, he is one of David's saw buddies.

These sort of pictures make me wish I was still back in Virginia.

Gary

Thank you... he was a great guy! Wished we could have made it a two day'er... I could have drank beers with these guys until the sun came up!:cheers:

Hate I missed it being inside a 96" pipe today doing some weld repairs.:cry:

Looks like there was plenty of wood and people to meet there.

I would like to thank the great hosts and new friends. My family and I did enjoy your event very much. We did make it home a little over 4.5 hours later (no thanks to I-95). Too bad we were not able to stay for the later arrivals but it was a blast for the time that we were there.

Keith

I would like to thank the great hosts and new friends. My family and I did enjoy your event very much. We did make it home a little over 4.5 hours later (no thanks to I-95). Too bad we were not able to stay for the later arrivals but it was a blast for the time that we were there.

Keith

thank you for coming i hope you can come back Aug 25 for the summer Central Va./Dinosaur50 GTG 2012

Just got home..lol. I would venture to say that carguy's 372 was THE fastest saw there.....at least in the size wood we had. That husky was a flat out beast. And many thanks to Watsonr, Igpoe, Carguy, Psuiewalsh, and...well i don't think i caught the guy with all the mac 2-mans' name, for letting this rookie run some BIG saws. I need to find an sp-125 now....think i am hooked...lol.

That 372 that Carguy had....we know it's secret now....lol. Tachs 14,100 unloaded.....and 13,200 in the cut...a 900 rpm drop.

Last edited:
Just got home..lol. I would venture to say that carguy's 372 was THE fastest saw there.....at least in the size wood we had. That husky was a flat out beast. And many thanks to Watsonr, Igpoe, and...well i don't think i caught the guy with all the mac 2-mans' name, for letting this rookie run some BIG saws. I need to find an sp-125 now....think i am hooked...lol.

That 372 that Carguy had....we know it's secret now....lol. Tachs 14,100 unloaded.....and 13,200 in the cut...a 900 rpm drop.

As Randy said earlier we knew it (372) was special even before we got to try it in our own hands. It had a very distinctive sound to it.

I must also say thanks to all, for the comments and suggestions on the pipe saw i built. Thanks guys, it really means alot to me that you were impressed by it. :cheers: Sorry Sawmandave, it quit on you, I don't know what happened, and have not tried to refire it. i guess it goes back on the bench to figure it out

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3f5slbGfdgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Dean:cheers:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZG6eOXbmsJY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Not the same vid!
Igpoe:cheers:

[video=youtube_share;v5J5UaJvCNM]http://youtu.be/v5J5UaJvCNM[/video]

Sawmandave's kb7 It seemed that none of the "big dogs" wanted to run quite right today. The air was kinda weird today.

Got home 20-30 minutes ago and I will post a bunch of pictures once they upload to Photobucket. I learned that a PM1000 is not a good noodling saw, gets all plugged up real quick, and you should not use your bare hand to help free the chain...... Turns out the chain on that saw is extremely sharp and does not care weather it is cutting wood or a finger.........

EDIT:
311 mile round trip for me

Last edited:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/upskhRDa-sE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
:cheers:

I would love to make the drive out there but the 2100 mile round trip is a bit daunting. It would be nice to come out but by the time I get there all the good saws in VA would be is Saskatchewan.
ht1.jpg
jh.jpg
bh.jpg

Someone has given you the wrong impression John. We have so many good saws in Virginia we wouldn't miss the ones gone to Saskatchewan! You haven't even heard of our best ones.
Igpoe

Latest posts

Back