cer-mex corks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kissfan113

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was looking around some and saw cer-mex replacement corks, I was just wondering what the difference/purpose was between them and regular cork replacements.

If they are ones I'm thinking of (cer-mac) they have ceramic centers and stay sharp forever - I've used others with tungsten centers as well. The steel outer wears away and exposes the center over time. They are excellent if you're bucking on a hardened (concrete) dryland sort area or on real rocky roads. The down side is if you are wearing them in the bush all the time (falling) on softer ground - they will last forever and will probably outlast your boots. I had a pair that welded themselves into the threaded insert in the sole of the boot. I spun half of them trying to get them out and just replaced the caulks that I could get out around them. And they are 2x as much as regular Champs steel caulks.

yea, they are cer-mec, I was mistaken in the name, lol, thanks for shedding light on that, I couldn't find any literature on em.
Kevin

they last a long time but are never sharp sharp...I find they wear to weird shapes and are never as nice and sharp and pointy like the regulars champs...

Yah...I guess by "stay sharp forever" I meant that they keep some sort of point like 1I'dJak mentions and won't wear down into a smartie. I spent some time scaling / bucking on a concrete dryland sort and we had to wear caulks. Regular champs logger caulks you had to replace every week, the cer-macs out lasted that set of boots.

I have used them, in the bush I prefer the old logger champ, but on landings the Cermecks are great. I found that they break on the flat where they thread in. I have used Neversieze on them, works good when they need to come out.

Back