certification from different associations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to this site. I think qualifications have to count for something, i was thinking about becoming qualified but you say they don't count for anything fool, whats the deal?

treeseer said:
And I am just saying that the opinion that is bolstered with the best facts and reasoning should prevail, no matter the individual's resume'.

Very true

treeseer said:
Experience is never equal, and besides in the bigger picture it's just another qualification.

I think of experience in years but you could break it down into field's of expertize etc i suppose. All I'm saying in regard to qualifications, is that you cant expect a unqualified lawyer to win you case could you, the paper does count for a fair bit.

treeseer said:
else I'd be intimidated when countering the opinions of a PhD.

In NZ you possibly would be, thats why, as you said, being truthful and stating facts is the key to winning cases.

In Auckland, there is blanket tree protection for trees over 6 meters (exotic) 4m (native) or with a DBH of 150cm, its strict so there is money to be made there if thats what your into

So Jim it sounds like things in NZ are far better than here in the usa:

Consultants can carry as much wight in court as lawyers. Here the lawyers have the court system in their wallet; hard for a citizen to do anything without one, hard for a tree pro to make an impact except through one. Our paper counts for less because we count for less, compared to attorneys.

Trees get much more protection from the govt. Here the rules get loopholes shot thru them by builders and their lobbyists and lawyers, and the enforcers are intimidated.

Sounds good to me over there but I got too many roots sunk to hop on a plane.

Wish more NZ people could be involved in isa pubs and mtgs; it'd be great to hear from a kiwi how it's done over there.

Well thats the way it works in Auckland anyway, no so for the rest of the country unfortunately. Consultants word does count for something in the court room here.

Thats a Petty you are unable to come over here, I'm sure i would learn allot from you.

Back