chain/bar oiler - HUSQVARNA 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dchouse1

Reaction score
Have never used a chainsaw before. Purchased a HUSQVARNA 350 with 18" bar. Read owners manuel - did everything it said to do?. Started saw up - bar oil was leaking(driping) from power head end of Bar and did not seem to be getting on bar or chain ? Any suggestions or answers?? Only ran saw for 3-5 minutes.

Dave

Sometimes with new saws paint chips can come loose and block the oil orifice. Take off the 2 nuts holding the bar and side cover.Remove the bar and chain and look carefully at the small holes in the bar just above the main slot. Make sure they are clean without any blockage. Look at the side of the saw where the oil comes out and goes into the bar. Make sure everything is not blocked and put it back together. Make sure the bar fits tightly against the side of the saw and the side cover fits tightly against the bar.
Make sure the cutting edge of the chain is facing forward on the top of the bar, I've seen people put the chain on backwards. When adjusting the chain, get it tight enough to not sag, but still spin freely. If you can't slide the chain, it's too tight. Make sure you have 2-cycle mix gas in the fuel tank and bar lube in the oil tank.

Hopefully I'm not being too simple, just trying to cover ALL the basics. If it's still not oiling after that, you might want to have the dealer look at it.

Last edited:
It is sometimes hard to notice the oil on the chain. To test it point the bar at a piece of cardboard on the ground and rev up the engine so the chain gets going pretty good.Oil should come off the tip of the bar and get the cardboard wet. If it doesnt take the saw back to the dealer. BTW-are you running bar and chain oil or motor oil? Motor oil is thinner and will leak out when the saw is sitting.

Bar oil leak

Took bar and chain off - checked that oil ports were open. Make sure chain was on the right way. Re-read owner manual. Turned bar around(over). Made sure the two bar nuts were on tight. Started saw and it worked fine!!!. Oil was slinging off the end of the bar.

Pretty sure the problem was that I had not tightened the two nuts enough - the first time I just snugged them up - did not want to break anything.

Thanks Brian and HUSKYMAN
for the replies to my problem.

Cut up a whole pile of fire wood.

Last edited:
Another satisfied Husky owner. I bet you also like how smooth that saw runs. It is one of the lowest vibration saws on the market:blob4: :blob4:

who needs anti-viberation saws. what happened to the old days where if you ran a saw for an hour or more your hands went numb. :) but it is nice not haveing constant viberations.

Latest posts

Back