Chain brake problem on new Husky 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSS44889

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The chain brake on my newly delivered 372 will not release. Does anyone have an idea what what I should do next? At this point I have not fueled it up, however I do have bar oil in it. I purchased it from *****. Thanks!!!

Dave

Well if your are mechanically inclined that it apart and look at it.
If not take it to your local Husky dealer, eat crow, tell him you wanted to buy it from him but your kids have to go to college too.
Or you can always send it back.

DSS44889 said:
The chain brake on my newly delivered 372 will not release. Does anyone have an idea what what I should do next? At this point I have not fueled it up, however I do have bar oil in it. I purchased it from *****. Thanks!!!

Dave

Pull back on the brake harder than you think you'd need to. Since it's new all the linkages and springs are still nice and tight.

The 365/372xp breaks are really stiff when you get them. You have to give it quite a tug start pulling it back and you'll feel the break band lifting off the clutch drum, keep pulling it back and it will click. It really feels like it will break but it will realse. I had the same thing with mine.

I would like to thank everyone that responded. It took at pretty good pull but the brake did release. Thanks again!!

Dave

Back