chain grind.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big1079

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
on my 750 i am currently around 12,500 in the cut according to my wireless tach. i am using an oregon 72 that is dogboned and the rakers are undercut and filed to .035.my question is does anyone think having a square grind put on the chain will help significantly.thanks for any info.

since your chain is dogboned and rakers are worked i assume your going for race chain? then your only fast choice is a square grind or better yet a skilled hand file. round filed chain just wont do in the hotsaw world, and i can prove that with my solid last place finish in placerville, CA :) of course it didnt help that i had a mild woods port saw going up against true race saws. i grind all my work chains on a Simington 450 chisel grinder and love the results, production has gone way up since i got the hang of it. getting the hang of it is the tricky part, i destroyed about 5 well used chains and 2 brand new chains. i still consider it WELL worth the time and investment. if you search there is a TON of info posted. i just spent 4 hours tonight reading about race chains.

Latest posts

Back