Chain Grinders Part 2 (Pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstill361

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
There is an interesting thread about grinders being discussed right now, http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=89706
Lots of good info on different grinders! Lets see some pictures of you final results and maybe some tips on different angles that you have tried and liked.

Here is a pic of one of mine , I use the Oregon 109179 (Hyd. Asst.) the angles are 55,25 and 10dg tilt. I adjust the chain up to the wheel and bump the cutter from the side with the wheel.This comes close to matching the oregon LGX type cutter. My rakers are not perfect , but I was in a hurry at the time. It fly's through hedge, and cuts like a raped ape! I also clean each chain before I grind, just lightly spray with oven cleaner , wait 5min and rinse. Some will say this is overkill , but a clean cutter is the key for a successful grind. My cutters are not blued, my wheels stay clean and leave no burs behind.The chain was ground with a Molemab wheel I got from Bailey's, I have their Cyclone ABN wheel as well.

Lets see some Pics!

DSC02946.jpg

I just got the same unit. Tired of paying $10 for a stupid sharpening and have no desire to file my life away.

Do you know where I can get extensive angle data for Stihl and Oregon chains?

By the way that thing is sweet, and anybody who does NOT get the hydraulic clamp option is either dumb or didn't know it existed! OK well maybe not dumb...

I think we need a sub forum for sharpening. Not in the hotsaw section either, one more for the firewood cutters.

Back