Chain Race

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacDaddy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Do they still have shows with chain races. One that you run your chain on a stock saw. I have an old Jack Stewart chain and I would like to see just how fast it is. I know some peaple that make great chains like Art Martin, Tommy Fales, Dennis Cahoon, Ken Dunn, Paul, and Im sure that I could think of more maybe the next show we should have one it sounds like fun

Yeah, and even the tree apes could join in. Wouldn't it be great to see how good Rocky the Squirrel's chain, compared to one of Gypo Loggers. LOL Here's Gypo's # 1-800-YUR-CHAINSUCS if you can't build your own.

It sounds like you dont like loggers just because you sell plants at home depot doesnt mean you are a good chain filer

It's Tim(Big Douche) Gypo. Don't worry about me phoning you up for a chain, I saw your chain cut circles last weekend. LOL

Ya, but at least I'm not Jesse James midget stuntman. lol
John
SugarMapleTree.jpg

Gypo I have made up some HIGH SPEED CHIPPER CHAIN just in time for you to take it to your next GTG I used the new Oberg round sided goofy flat raker rasp file man that thing is a work of art HAHAHA

Na! FMC that ain't even close to true. Go back and look up the percentage difference in cut times. Walt made a mistake by saying he could make a race chain in an hour and it didn't fly. I would have liked to see how they both compared to out of the box chisel. Art was making a chain at that time that was pretty fast. In view of what is known today I'm sure they could both make things faster. Don't be taking cheap shots!

There was sighting of Walt up in Eureka MT he be on here shortly after Deer seaon is over. HIP HIP Hurray

Dennis Cahoon said:
Simonizer.....Yes, show us your barb-wire.
I can't find any pics Dennis. Bob Walker does a beautiful job with square-ground on a Silvey machine. Every top-level faller on the Island here runs this or something very similar. Several of them grind their own chain with this machine. Cheers.

fmc;
You have moved from "just as fast", to "beat it by a hair". It is truth we are after here or is it insinuation! Arts chain was a decided percentage faster if you look up the times,and well it should have been. You are still trying to take a cheap shot at Art. He must have been pretty good in his day to keep you guys so engrossed years later! Hahahaha!

fmc, now when asked for particulars on the time comparisons between Arts and Walts chains, you switch from attacking Art to making insinuations about my sexuality. It doesn't lend you a lot of credibility does it? Hmmmmm?

Viewers, if this seems confusing it is because there was a post by cfm suggesting that I must be gay to be supporting Art Martins work. It appears to have been removed by moderators. Wish I had quoted or copied it before it was zapped so it could have been preserved; quite a piece of work!

Frank

Latest posts

Back