chain saws sharping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The local shops get between 7 and 10 bucks per loop.

I don't file anyone elses chains, just my own.

Are you considering going into business?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

A regular chain costs $4.00 to sharpen. However, to scharpen them requires a special rattail file and raker rasp thus we get $10 apiece.

Time out for you fella,,go sit in the corner untill you can learn to play nice and get along with the other kids..
you just been plain BAD today man !! LOL !! :)
i get $5 unless for free..

how much do you charge to scharpen chain saw chains

Local saw shop charges about $7.00. I only do my own and the general use saws for my company. I would be out of business quick if I sharpened chains for others. I am too anal, I would have to charge $25.00 a chain to make it worthwhile.:pumpkin2: (really not pertinent, just figured I would use it before it gets replaced with a turkey)

also, i charge $20 to sharpen a loop more if you what a happy ending,
it will cost extra, if you want something more then getting a sharp chain to the face that will be extra..

Last edited:
I charge according to the number of misspelled words on your credit application. Judging by your posts, you are in a heap of trouble son.

Note to other people with spelling impediments: I AM NOT gonna bust on you, only those that contribute nothing to society like Mr. happycamper.

Latest posts

Back