chain setup backwards

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelly

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was walking through sears today and saw a Husky 55 on the shelf. I took a look at it and the chain was on backward. I wonder if they will catch that before it leaves the store?

For those of you who are wondering. Price was $279

I presume you didn't say anything to them, either....
Just what I'd have done :D

You can always tell if someone has been using your chainsaw when you are gone away. When you come back the chain is usually rocked out and on backwards.
So, the smart thing to do is just put the chain on backwards before you leave.
John

Hey Tony, on second thought, I bet the Sears tool manager had the help put the chain on backwards as a safety issue, so as to scuttle any would be Sears bandits or robbers from using the 55 as a dangerous weapon.
John

There's a poster in my local guys shop and it reads as follows,

"Never lend your wife or chainsaw out, they never come back the same"
As for me I never lend a saw out, but as for my wives I just give them away.

Now I know I`m doing something wrong, I have to pay, ALOT, to get rid of my wife.

John, who`s the kid in the husky picture and where did you get the reverse reading license plate? Is it some sort of identifier for the vehicles of those who are known to beverage or otherwise kick back?:D Russ

Originally posted by jokers
Now I know I`m doing something wrong, I have to pay, ALOT, to get rid of my wife.

Now ya see? That's the great thing about being in tree work. Nobody thinks twice about US running woodchippers.....:eek:

Those are special-issue plates, available only to those with right-hand drive trucks and left-handed huskies.

Hi Russ, that is actually me in 1983, I had just turned 30. Your right though, I look like a kid, but was I ever horny to cut wood, still am.
I bought a new scanner, Epson 1660, that scans slides, negatives and prints. I guess I had some of them in backwards, but it's DB's fault, cause he told me to buy it, but never advised me as to what side is up. Its hard to get good help over the net.
John

Hey Gypo, is that your new forwarder? Pretty slick looking rig.

I remember `83 well, well sorta. That was a good year to be alive for me, hoping things will go full circle. Russ

Hi Russ, I was out cutting with my 357G Den all week. It really has enough power to cut even the largest hardwoods. Im amazed how it cuts with the square chain and 16" bar/33RS. I believe it is as fast or faster than a stock 044.
John

No, I didn't tell them. I hope to go back in a month and find it sitting there having been used and returned by some p offed customer. Maybe I could get it for half the price.

Latest posts

Back