Chains-Husky,Stihl or??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STIHL RSC!!!!!!! THE BEST CHAIN MADE.:cheers:

For your conditions ;) :cheers:

stihl chain is better then husky imo, im sure baileys could probably ship though.

Lock in a freight price with Baileys first. I know they're a sponsor but they quoted me USD$37.75 to ship something to me in Australia then charged USD$93.75. I got my money back straight away (thanks Baileys!) but be careful.

I believe Carlton is sold as GB "down under".

Not after GB's current stocks dry up.

and also Carlton in a Carlton box.
It depends on who the shops major wholesale supplier is. Jak Max is the Carlton importer for here now.

And FWIW, GB has lost the right to re-package/re-sell Carlton, so once their present stocks go, they're gone.
Big rumours around the industry here on whether they are going to go into production themselves or buy bulk chain from China and re-package.

Yep.

Naa, GB have been through the wringer.
I don't know all the in's and out's, this is just an observation from afar as I don't deal directly with either company.

One of GB's execs left and then started Jak Max as an opposition wholesaler, so GB took him to court and it ended up in the Supreme court.
It dragged on for a few years and cost huge $ but in the finish the judgement came out in GB's favour but almost immediately a supplier took action to wind them up so an Administrator was appointed. This corresponds with the period at the end of last year that supply of bars in NA dried up.

I believe the company has since been sold to another Australian wholsaler and they've now lost the Carlton deal, which Jak Max seemed to have acquired but are marketing it straight up as Carlton chain and bars.

Yep yep. Direct Agencies in QLD now own GB as far as I'm aware. GB in a bit of strife which is a real shame. As Rick said there are strong rumours that GB have acquired chain making machinery however there are equally strong rumours that they are intending to import GB badged chain from Asia. Time will tell.
Most of the popular chain guages/styles are not, and have not been available from GB for some months. They haven't been able to supply 3/8" LP and 3/8" .063" semi chisel for about 4 months at least - 3/8" .050", .404" and .325" wasn't a problem.
This isn't helping in fighting off the rumours. They definately can't sell Carlton rebadged chain but whats up in the air is where their next stocks of chain will come from.

Last edited:
Back