Chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scootermsp

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Could someone explain chain selection numbers such as pitch, guage, drivelinks, etc. Some of these are on the chain itself I know. I use Oregon chains on my Husqvarna saws and just tell my dealer what I need but I'd like to buy off eBay or online, Thank You.

Could someone explain chain selection numbers such as pitch, guage, drivelinks, etc. Some of these are on the chain itself I know. I use Oregon chains on my Husqvarna saws and just tell my dealer what I need but I'd like to buy off eBay or online, Thank You.

there is a ton of info on this subject on this site. However, you can look on your bar and it will tell you what gauge you need (width of your bar). If you have a bigger saw you probably are using 3/8 pitch (see the site the other guy gave you). If you are inexperienced with a saw you might want safety chain (I hate them). Do a little research on the Oregon site (if that is the chain you want to stick with) and it will help you a ton (they all have different #'s stamped on the drive link).

Thank You

:chainsaw: Thank you for the helpful link, I have about 100 hrs sawing just never really got interested until I switched to an OWB and now saw 2-3 days a week. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back