Chainsaw 2 Cycle Oil Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Chainsaw 2 Cycle Oil

• Echo Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Echo Red Armor

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • Husqvarna XP+

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Husqvarna HP

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Amsoil Dominator

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Amsoil Saber

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • VP

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Stihl HP Ultra (Silver)

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Stihl High Performance (Orange)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TN Cattleman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Your favorite 2 cycle oil for chainsaws poll. If your prefered oil isn't listed, please list it's name in the replies as the first word/words at the beginning of your reply to be counted. If your prefered oil is the cheapest on the shelf, type "Cheapest". Poll is for currently available oil only. Results will be posted in another thread as "Chainsaw 2 Cycle Oil Poll Results" listing the top ten choices in order as voted.

Poll results so far:

Echo Red Armour is in the lead.
Amsoil Dominator/Amsoil Saber/Stihl HP Ultra are currently running in a three way tie for second.

I'd run every oil on the list except for the cheap stihl one.
I still have a quart of lucas left from my dirt bike days to use up before I need to buy more oil. I bought a bunch of it on sale 5 years ago and havent needed oil since lol.
In regards to the lucas, they have 2 different 2 stroke oils, one's land & sea the is other smokeless low ash. I have the smokeless low ash stuff.

There is a lot of oil there to choose from but also a lot missing, if your doing a pole it would be better to add every oil unless you specifically want to know for example if synthetic is used or mineral.
I did vote

There is a lot of oil there to choose from but also a lot missing, if your doing a pole it would be better to add every oil unless you specifically want to know for example if synthetic is used or mineral.
I did vote
I would liked to have used a more complete list of oils on the poll, unfortunately this forum only allows 10 choices on a poll, that's why I stated if your prefered oil is not on the list to type it at the beginning of a reply to be counted in the poll results thread. Not perfect, but it was the best way I could come up with doing this poll.

Latest posts

Back