chainsaw brands

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Chainsaw brand

• Stihl

Votes: 52 45.6%
  • Husqvarna

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Jonsered

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Dolmar

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AJLOGGER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What is your favorite chainsaw brand. I know, I know, its been done but I think its fun.

attachment.php

Craftsman

Last edited:
Rspike - that's a good one!

AJ - My feelings are hurt. I'll stick with the 'other' red saw.

Please don't get in a tizzy over this, but I call the new Craftsman's "Crapsmans." The old ones aren't bad at all, but the new little 42cc machines w/20" bars are ridiculous.

Rightfully said, there are kick arse saws from every company out there. I think there was a thread of the all time greatest saws a little while back - that is a true measure of peoples favorite saws. If it doesn't have a magnesium case (or some kind of metal), I am not interested...even if it is the next greatest thing since sliced bread.

Actually, my favorites go like this-
STIHL
Husky
Jonsered
Dolmar
Olympyk

New Husky and Jonsered are on same level in my opinion, but if it came down to what I'd buy for older, it'd be Jonsered. I just love those old Jonsereds! Cool saws. I used a brand new Dolmar 45cc or something for a while. Sure beat the crap out of my Mcc 32cc. I stopped using the Mcc when the oiler drive stripped out. The Dolmar wasn't bad. I've got an Olympyk, but I rated it at that, for the impossibility I've had of finding parts. Around here, STIHL is king. I've heard that in other parts of the state, Jonsered or Husky is the majority saw. I was firewood cutting with 10-15 other people onetime, and one or two saws weren't STIHL (Husky). One guy brought a little Poulan Woodshark 14". That sat in the corner the entire time. :D

That Poulan Wildthing actually sounds dangerous, like you are going to get hurt while using it, since it is a "Wild Thing."

I think I'm going to call my local Husky dealer, who has a LOT of parts saws (now he's a Jonsered dealer), to see if he has anything larger, like a 272 or more for firewood cutting and light milling. I just hate working on my 039. I wish I could get a cheap 044 parts saw.

Right on Thall! Your wife must love you...I don't even think I could get mine to go for a saw over the headboard. Better hope there isn't an earthquake while you are sleeping! You might wake up with a headache!

Four Paws said:
Right on Thall! Your wife must love you...I don't even think I could get mine to go for a saw over the headboard. Better hope there isn't an earthquake while you are sleeping! You might wake up with a headache!

He might cause the earthquake.....

Four Paws said:

Hahahhaa, good one there Four. I just sit that saw up there for the pic. Thats the 660Mag I'll hand the grandkid one day. Its never had a drop of gas or even been cranked over. Only got 18 years to go before I say here ya go boy, have a oldie but goodie..

04ultra said:
Craftsman
Looks like a POS Poulan to me, no surprices there....:(

I don't have much brand loyalty - it is really a tossup between Husky, Stihl and Jonsered..

When looking at comparable models, my nod goes to Husky/Jred in a few more cases/saw classes than to Stihl - so I voted Husky.

Last edited:
Back