Chainsaw cases

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NapalmDeath

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Not sure if alot of folks use them but I would like to have something large enough to fit my little MS270, oil, filing guide, wrench, spare chain, etc. to make things a bit more conveinent to carry. The Stihl case doesn't appear to offer much room for stuff other then the saw. The Husky Powerbox case looks like it would hold more gear. Although I'd have to (gulp) carry a Stihl in a Husky case :dizzy: I guess I could live with that. I have also seen Dolmar cases that look a little roomier too, but can't find them anywhere. Anyone use the Husky Powerbox case to carry their saw and some gear?

Stihl makes a box just like the one that Husky makes or more likely the other way around.:biggrinbounce2: They just call it their multi-purpose carry case

Relax, the regular (contoured) Stihl case is adequate for extras. Even my MS460 case has 2 spare chains, wedges, carb screwdriver, gloves, exrtra mix oil, spare spark plug, filew/ guide, and scrench (couldn't use standard case-scappard due to bar length 0 extendable one works well.) You should have room for a small dog in with your 270!

As a side note, I keep the scrench with big-end-up in my MS290 scabbard and small-end-up in my MS170 scabbard so I and my helpers can ID which saw is which in closed cases at a glance.

Multi-use carrying case has unique, removable bar scabbard has built-in tool holders to carry tools to the cutting site. Fits MS 170 to MS 460 M with 20" bar or BT 45 auger or drill.

chainsaw1 said:
Multi-use carrying case has unique, removable bar scabbard has built-in tool holders to carry tools to the cutting site. Fits MS 170 to MS 460 M with 20" bar or BT 45 auger or drill.

Same scabbard as "standard" case...

The orange Stihl case earned it's keep. Take one Stihl 046, in the case, a pickup truck full of wood, saws, etc. 50 MPH and a good bump in the road. Saw in case gets thrown out. Survives without a scratch. Case has several deep scratches on it but all still picked up, dusted off and back to work.

BOb

531300872.jpg

:rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

I just use a cardboard box with a slot for the bar cut in it. I didn't like the fact that the contour boxes would roll around in the bed of the truck. Plus the box is free. Those multipurpose boxes look nice though. How much do they cost?

rb_in_va said:
I just use a cardboard box with a slot for the bar cut in it. I didn't like the fact that the contour boxes would roll around in the bed of the truck. Plus the box is free. Those multipurpose boxes look nice though. How much do they cost?

think it was 35 at baileys...

blis said:
think it was 35 at baileys...

That's not bad. I always envisioned making my own box out of the copious amounts of wood I was going to mill with my 066.:laugh:

12guns said:
It works. Took a solid 15 minutes to make!

That's the best durn saw box I ever did see! That's sort of what I had in mind for my homemade box. The cardboard was faster though.:hmm3grin2orange:

rb_in_va said:
That's the best durn saw box I ever did see! That's sort of what I had in mind for my homemade box. The cardboard was faster though.:hmm3grin2orange:

Glad you like it!

bump_r said:
Relax, the regular (contoured) Stihl case is adequate for extras. Even my MS460 case has 2 spare chains, wedges, carb screwdriver, gloves, exrtra mix oil, spare spark plug, filew/ guide, and scrench (couldn't use standard case-scappard due to bar length 0 extendable one works well.) You should have room for a small dog in with your 270!

As a side note, I keep the scrench with big-end-up in my MS290 scabbard and small-end-up in my MS170 scabbard so I and my helpers can ID which saw is which in closed cases at a glance.
I guess I just assumed by judging the photo's I've seen of it that I thought it might not be big enough. I'm going to the dealer next week and I'll see if he will throw in a free saw case when I buy my new snowblower from him. Might ask for a free new bar too if I'm feeling lucky.:clap:

Stihl case

NapalmDeath said:
Not sure if alot of folks use them but I would like to have something large enough to fit my little MS270, oil, filing guide, wrench, spare chain, etc. to make things a bit more conveinent to carry. The Stihl case doesn't appear to offer much room for stuff other then the saw. The Husky Powerbox case looks like it would hold more gear. Although I'd have to (gulp) carry a Stihl in a Husky case :dizzy: I guess I could live with that. I have also seen Dolmar cases that look a little roomier too, but can't find them anywhere. Anyone use the Husky Powerbox case to carry their saw and some gear?

Here ya go dude...

http://www.stihl.us/chainsaws/acc_carry.html

Anyone try to fit a 7900 in the Stihl multi-use case? I'm betting the power head is too long.

litefoot said:
Anyone try to fit a 7900 in the Stihl multi-use case? I'm betting the power head is too long.

Too long and too tall. I haven't found a case yet that the 7900 fits it...

Freakingstang said:
Too long and too tall. I haven't found a case yet that the 7900 fits it...

It reads that it holds from ms170 to 460. That's too small??? Wowzer. That must be a biggun...

Back