Chainsaw chain in bulk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John464

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Where is everyone finding the best place to buy chain from? I looked back on an old order and use to get a 24" chian for $10 from baileys, now almost $20!!! I dont like buying reels and spinning my own chain since I have to pay for my employees to sit there and make them. I like to buy loops, but they are becoming so damn expensive. I normally order $500 worth a chains every few months.

So where are you getting your chain from?

Where is everyone finding the best place to buy chain from? I looked back on an old order and use to get a 24" chian for $10 from baileys, now almost $20!!! I dont like buying reels and spinning my own chain since I have to pay for my employees to sit there and make them. I like to buy loops, but they are becoming so damn expensive. I normally order $500 worth a chains every few months.

So where are you getting your chain from?

Bailey's. Every once in awhile they'll have a special and you can stock up.

Bailey's. Every once in awhile they'll have a special and you can stock up.

there specials arent very "special" like I said they are now double what they use to charge from just 2 years ago.

Last edited:
You have to check the prices with a little calculator. Sometimes, pre-made loops are not much more than making them up yourself, especially, if you are buying lots of loops at a time. Some stores or catalogs even have '2 for 1' deals on chains, so it is worth it to call around and ask for quotes.

Sometimes bulk chain is a lot cheaper for certain chain types and pitches, but no deal for a slightly different type or size. So it might depend on how picky you are. Sometimes there are also good deals on NOS bulk chain on eBay if you are willing to root around for it.

Philbert

I've always bought chain by the 100' roll, even before I had a bench mounted break n mend. Last roll I bought from Madsens was 100' roll of 3/8ths Oregon, $219 = 23.48 shipping. Works out to $.2020 per inch of chain which is about $13.73 for a loop of 93 drivers or 28" chain. Not a bad deal. Takes me about 30 seconds to whip one out :) Madsens usually has a sale twice a year so that is when I have always bought it...plus they usually throw in a free hat.

We buy all our loops from baileys. Have had good luck with woodland pro.
As far as the price... everything has gone way up. Just ordered a new 4x4 rear mount 75'er. Price up almost 30% on the feva part about 15% on the chassis. Since 2007.
Can't believe $196,000 for a bucket truck .:msp_confused:

We buy all our loops from baileys. Have had good luck with woodland pro.
As far as the price... everything has gone way up. Just ordered a new 4x4 rear mount 75'er. Price up almost 30% on the feva part about 15% on the chassis. Since 2007.
Can't believe $196,000 for a bucket truck .:msp_confused:
however, that's not your bare-bones unit either!

Latest posts

Back