Chainsaw chaps question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had Labonville for a few years, the lighter version, full wrap. I like them but have never had another brand to compare with. Of course they are hot which is good in winter and the summer use with short pants is a plus. I measured as directed but the bottom comes to about 2" above the ones in the advertisement photos. I don't have a problem with that length and the cut/fit is good. I have not tested them but I well remember when I put the bar into my leg many years ago in the usual place, a couple inches above the left knee. That was messy so I always wear the chaps now. I don't heal as fast as I used to. LOL

I have the full wrap. I figure that if I need them, I NEED them and don't want to wish I had even one more layer of protection if something goes wrong. In hot weather I wear shorts too. I'd rather be sweating and have to change pants once a day or even twice a day vs. having to throw the pants out because they got cut. I run a CS-340 Echo with 14" bar to a Dolmar 7900 with a 32" bar.

A friend has cut both Stihl protective pants and chaps. Both saved his butt, but both times it was just a graze. The pants are HOT he says. Both times he didn't even know he hit his leg, the saw just stopped and he didn't know why. I told him that he was done cutting for the day both times. I was there with him, but not next to him.

I have the Husky wrap around chaps and have also used the thinner front only coverage model from Stihl. Worn those thin ones in the summer with shorts on. I can imagine the full wraps would get pretty hot.

Latest posts

Back