Chainsaw competition Ag/Forestry Fair tomorrow in CT.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I am bringing 10 people to this event. Thanks for posting it last month, we are all excited about it...

The AG Fair in CT

Well the fair was nice. The weather was absolutely perfect. Scored some cheap maple syrup (local)... Had the kids with me so we could enjoy the animals, hayride, and the saws. However the highlight was meeting the reps from Log-Rite.

Nice guy, and pretty solid company. The equipment seems really well built, and I look forward to demoing the log mover with the ATV.

The GOL people were there with their "competition". I understand the concept of competing to reinforce safety strategies and the like, I just wished that they did or had better literature to help explain what was going on for everyone in the crowd. I was able to follow along, but the amount of people in the stands asking a lot of questions proved that better explanation was needed.

I was actually planning on attending one of their classes, just need to find the time and the money. I have found that making the choice of spending money on a class that will not make me money in the future has been hard to justify. Nonetheless, still might do it, but I need to try to recruit some others to go with me...

All in all it was a great day, and the kids liked it a lot. Plus not having a midway with rides really kept the focus on the ag part of the fair...

Thank again for the heads up.

Jason

Latest posts

Back