Chainsaw game when you can't cut..have fun!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avason

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I teach second grade and I'm always trying to get the kids attention on things. I bring technology into the classroom as much as I can. My buddy who teaches prek and k makes video games. I came up with this video game idea. cutting logs and finding root words. We spent the day working on pics and sound clips. He did all of the work. I just made some sound clips got my picture taken and drank his beer. It is fun for the kids and I have fun with it to0. Try it out. It's pretty funny. There are two levels. If you make it to the end of each one, a funny pic comes up. Here is the link!

coachsGame

Okay...I got it now...you use the arrow keys to move the little chainsaw guy, and click on him when you want to make the cut...Coooooooooool!!!!!!

That was fun, the chainsaw sounds and the "YOO-HOOs" were great...

But I screwed up and still didn't finish...Now I remember why I consistantly got "D"s in English...:cry:

That's a neat game. It took me about 5 minutes to brush up on my skills and figure out the controls to finish it. I saw one sawing glitch at the end of a big word. It wasn't a big deal. It's a well put together game. I'm sure my kids will love it. Do you have any more homemade learning games?
Thanks Kevin

It's a hit, my kids were fighting to play it. I saw the other games in your homeroom. That's a great idea.

Last edited:
All Right...On the third try I finished the game...that was fun, definitely something I would recommend to kids. And yes, it can keep old guys on their toes too...

BTW I'm surprised there hasn't been some Safety Nazi asking about the PPE...:laugh:

BTW I'm surprised there hasn't been some Safety Nazi asking about the PPE...:laugh:[/QUOTE]

lol.. that is hilarious...what am I teaching these kids anyway???

That was fun! I can see the youngsters enjoying it.

A thought for future tweaking? It would be nice if the logs and the chainsaws got larger with correct responses as the lessons become more difficult.

I think this is an awesome learning tool.
Teachers like you make all the difference in a students life.
I got a kick out of playing it.

A husky??? No just kidding, great game!! Im gonna try it out on my daughter and nephew tomorrow. Thanks also for the link to the other learning games:smile:

Latest posts

Back