Chainsaw Gurus Needed!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rydaddy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A picked up a mystery saw today. Person I got it from had no idea and was not the user or owner of the saw. I'm pretty sure (and hoping) that it is an MS260. The label is worn off. Has the spot and rubber gasket of where a decompression valve would be. Trying to find out if there is some other spot on the saw where I could quickly reference a ser. no or something that may lead to the model type. It is smaller than my 361, and I am almost positive it is new enough to be a 2## and not a 02#.

If anyone can spare their .02 cents that would be great! My Digital camera is at work or otherwise I would get pics on here as well.

Thanks!

Try to find something on it with a partnumber. f you can find the prefix 1121 your on the right track. BE aware this could also be a 024 with the prefix of 1121.

BostonBull said:
Try to find something on it with a partnumber. f you can find the prefix 1121 your on the right track. BE aware this could also be a 024 with the prefix of 1121.

Not with a decomp valve...

Is the Model ID on the top cover or on the Recoil?

Does the tank have screw caps or flip caps?

Lakeside53 said:
Not with a decomp valve...

Is the Model ID on the top cover or on the Recoil?

Does the tank have screw caps or flip caps?

The series number changed on the 026 with a decomp valve?

BostonBull said:
The series number changed on the 026 with a decomp valve?

Nope, but an 024 didn't a have a decomp.. or a shroud that could take one. Sure., it shows it in mediacat on the 24S, but they were not released in the USA or CA like that..

Hey - RYDADDY - give us the serial number.... just to the right of the muffer above the chain cover.

gotcha

I love this site....

The more I look at it I think it is an ms260, not pro. It has the flip up gas and oil caps....

Cisco

I let a buddy and a friend of his use the dumpster at my shop to throw away a bunch of stuff from a garage they were clearing out from a relative that had passed away. Don't know too many particulars, but they new I was addicted to chainsaws and we worked out a trade for dumpster space and the saw. Haven't had a chance yet to try and start the thing, got home from work late and don't want to irritate the neighbors since I live in town.

I figured It was a win win situation...

The guy who gave me the saw should NOT be running one.

Oh man

Rydaddy said:
I let a buddy and a friend of his use the dumpster at my shop to throw away a bunch of stuff from a garage they were clearing out from a relative that had passed away. Don't know too many particulars, but they new I was addicted to chainsaws and we worked out a trade for dumpster space and the saw. Haven't had a chance yet to try and start the thing, got home from work late and don't want to irritate the neighbors since I live in town.

I figured It was a win win situation...

The guy who gave me the saw should NOT be running one.

Heck, even if it didn't run that's still a good deal. Man O man. I never get deals like that darnit, lol. I hope it runs great for ya guy. He11 with the neighbors, right about now is the time I like to go outside and fire up my 044 with the muffler mod, that baby is sooooo loud, lmfao. They love me because of it... You should make your neighbors love you also. You gettin that storm yet eh???

Weather

Cisco,the storm is on its way. But usually around here if the weatherman starts spouting off about bad weather coming we don't get squat. If it sneaks up on em we get dumped on. I think a good 12" of snow would be GREAT! I'll get to use 4wd in the morning.

Heck yes

Rydaddy said:
Cisco,the storm is on its way. But usually around here if the weatherman starts spouting off about bad weather coming we don't get squat. If it sneaks up on em we get dumped on. I think a good 12" of snow would be GREAT! I'll get to use 4wd in the morning.

Heck yes Brotha. They are getting pounded in St. Louis I guess, I figured you were prolly gettin hit by now also. Stay safe eh? Go fire that saw up for your neighbors, lol... :hmm3grin2orange:

Rydaddy said:
I love this site....

The more I look at it I think it is an ms260, not pro. It has the flip up gas and oil caps....

It's an MS260, ex rental from Texas, and purchased in March 2003

serial number?

Can you trace Husky saws by serial numbers to see where they came from?If yes how do you do it?(boy I miss using bold type!)
Ed

Back