Chainsaw Kidnapped!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullpower_65

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I came home from work and found a ransom note on my bench:

attachment.php

It may be 'just' a Husky 450e, but aside from a Homelite project, it's my only chainsaw (yet). It's possible (I'm told) that I was spending too much time tinkering in the shop and reading AS.

I didn't have the cash but I promised my wife & kids I'd spend less time with the saw if it were to be returned, no questions asked. Thankfully, it re-appeared later that evening. I've held my part of the bargain so far, but I'm thinking I need a bicycle lock...:taped:

Things like this can interfere with one's CAD and should not be tolerated! LOL

My wife threatens me all of the time about my saws but I think she knows better. At least she better know better!!:deadhorse:

ha! that is indeed a good one. my personal security system is to keep the shop so thoughtlessly messy, that one would need to fight their way through and over assorted debris to the saw shelves and then struggle their way back to the door with saw in hand . . . nobody but myself has yet expressed interest in this endeavor.

Last edited:
Smells of Al Quieda to me. Leg hold bear traps strewn about the floor would be in order. Stop terrorism in its tracks.

I didn't have the cash but I promised my wife & kids I'd spend less time with the saw if it were to be returned, no questions asked. Thankfully, it re-appeared later that evening. I've held my part of the bargain so far, but I'm thinking I need a bicycle lock...:taped:

LOL! Sounds like you've got yourself a good-hearted bride. And you got the message. Good for you two.

Relax guys, they said POWER saw. Husky's don't have any power, they must have left the note at the wrong house! :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Just do like me, make sure you have enough saws that the "kidnappers" won't be able to haul them all off or hide them.

example: Bikesaws are "kidnapper" proof if you carry them into the shop and bolt the pipe and the bar on so they cant be carried out the door.

Back