chainsaw logger tape

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have only used a Spencer tape. My buddy has a Baileys Woodland Pro model with the folding nail and I have to admit it has been a darn good tape. If you need to carry a tape then a backup tape in the truck is a solid idea.

Years ago there was a logger's tape imported from England. It was good except that it had feet/inches on one side and metric on the other. Until the guys keyed in to that there were some weird log lengths and a lot of yelling and screaming from various siderods and mill people.

Years ago there was a logger's tape imported from England. It was good except that it had feet/inches on one side and metric on the other. Until the guys keyed in to that there were some weird log lengths and a lot of yelling and screaming from various siderods and mill people.

Metric logs...........only in Canada eh? :msp_wink:

As you know by reading my story, I now have a tape that is in two pieces.
I would rather "fix" the cut tape, so I can still use the tape that my dad used, but is that even possible?

Should I just buy a refill and go from there?

As you know by reading my story, I now have a tape that is in two pieces.
I would rather "fix" the cut tape, so I can still use the tape that my dad used, but is that even possible?

Should I just buy a refill and go from there?

Spencer used to sell a splice kit...not sure if they still do. I think you're better off just buying a new refill because it will wind in better than a spliced one.

Latest posts

Back