Chainsaw mill Stihl 041AV or Husky 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDP

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm new to these groups (not a pro) and loving every bit of it. I own three chainsaws: Husky 445, old Stihl 041AV (the saw I grew up with), and a recently purchased used Husky 365. So here's the current plan, feel free to tell me I'm crazy. My go to for felling/bucking so far has been the 445, it's light and has good power for most of what I deal with around here (up to 16" Red Oak). That said, I have great desire to have a chainsaw mill for personal use. I like nothing better than making things out of lumber milled from my property. Here's my quandary, do I set up the 041 with the Granberg saw mill I am pining over? Obviously the 365 has more grunt, but the 041 could stay in the mill since I have the other saws for felling and bucking, and the 041 doesn't have a chain brake. I did buy a 24" bar for the 041 before I bought the 365.
Whatdya' think folks?

JDP

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
041 is 61cc so it will be limited to ~24" bar so about an 18" cut on a conventional Alaskan.

041 also has the lube and fuel caps on top which are a bit of a PITA if you have to refuel mid cut.

On the plus side they are a tough little saw so it should be OK for small scale milling.

041 is 61cc so it will be limited to ~24" bar so about an 18" cut on a conventional Alaskan.

041 also has the lube and fuel caps on top which are a bit of a PITA if you have to refuel mid cut.

On the plus side they are a tough little saw so it should be OK for small scale milling.

Good point about the fuel cap, I hadnt thought of that.

Latest posts

Back