Alaskan chainsaw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seminoles_1

Reaction score
My question is it safe to drill multiple holes in a 20 inch chainsaw bar, rigid up a mill for my 20 inch echo and had al ready to go, and it woulda worked if I would have drilled the holes an inch further out, so is it safe to have 4 holes drilled in bar a half inch apart from each other, ( would it weaken the strength of the bar?)

I would think it should be fine, probably wouldn't want the holes much closer than half an inch apart tho. Be careful not to get too close to the sprocket... or potentially go through the middle of the sprocket. You can generally remove the bucking spikes to get an extra half inch or so of mill length

I would think it should be fine, probably wouldn't want the holes much closer than half an inch apart tho. Be careful not to get too close to the sprocket... or potentially go through the middle of the sprocket. You can generally remove the bucking spikes to get an extra half inch or so of mill length
Thanks, tried to Google it and had no luck, seen this site and figured I'd ask before I did damage to bar

Latest posts

Back