Chainsaw Races Grantsburg Fair. Aug 24th 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Photos

Things you mighta have seen if you'da been there . . .

People

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Saws

attachment.php

(Trailer Dump?)

attachment.php

Philbert

Just got home and showered after a very long, very fun day. Thanks to all of you that came out to play, if it weren't for you I would have played with myself. :msp_smile: An extra big thanks to Matt, Lisa, Levi, & Hannah for making the long trip up and just making it all that much more fun. You guys are a great family to hang out with.:rock:

Thanks to all that helped put on a great show today. We had many hands busy helping out in many ways. We even had our own sweeper/clean up man.

I think the crowd really enjoyed it. Now it looks like we have another venue for next summer that wants us to do some racing . Had some people from Spooner/Washburn county that want us over there next summer.

We had some real close and tough competition today. Everyone brought their "A" game.

OK, I'm home... SO here are the results:

under 46cc stock class: Levi Hale (Stihl 023 40cc)
under 46cc modified class: Sarah Carlson (Dolmar 420 - 42cc)
46-55cc stock class: Levi Hale (Dolmar 5100 - 51cc)
46-55cc modified class: Derrick Johnson (Jonsered 2152- 52cc)
56-65cc stock class: Wes Wilcox (Jonsered 2163 - 63cc)
56-65cc modified class: Matt Hale (Husky 365 - 65cc)
66-75cc stock class: Kevin Derrick (Husky 576 - 73.5cc)
66-75cc modified class: Matt Hale (Husky 372 - 72cc)
76-86cc stock class: JD Glover (Dolmar 7900 - 79cc)
76-86cc modified class: JD Glover (Piped Dolmar 7900)
over 86cc stock class: Derrick Johnson (Jonsered 288 - 88cc)
over 86cc modified class: Wes Wilcox (Jonsered 2094 - 94cc)
49SP special class: Chris Olson
Zip Class: Damon Roberts
Vintage stock class: Andy Carlson (Husky 77- the one his dad used to make stools with when he was a kid)
Vintage modified class: Andy Carlson (Stihl 056)

We had 18 participants, including a handful of locals and the feller that was carving at the fair (doin a nice job!)

Old Guy was a LIFESAVER with his 13x13 canopy, and Hannah Hale was our celebrity guest caller - she did a heckuva job!
Sheryl (sp?)- old guy's gal - was also a HUGE help with shirt selling & organization.

All in all, it was a very good day! Pics will be forthcoming... but it might be a while.

I would have loved to attend.

The heads up racing you guys are doing there seems like it would be great fun. I like the idea of the stopwatches being left out. As a saw builder one thing I hate seeing is a damn stopwatch.

The Central VA GTG at Ernie's was one of the best I'd ever been to.......we had a great time running all the older saws and two man saws. And the very best part.......no one gave a damn who's saw was the fastest.

I like the idea of the stopwatches being left out. As a saw builder one thing I hate seeing is a damn stopwatch.

Stopwatches make sense in a test fixture. Or when competing one-at-a-time. (Plus, you need opposable thumbs to operate one).

As I noted in earlier posts, these events have been organized very professionally, but are done in a fun and friendly manner.

Philbert

Stopwatches make sense in a test fixture. Or when competing one-at-a-time. (Plus, you need opposable thumbs to operate one).

As I noted in earlier posts, these events have been organized very professionally, but are done in a fun and friendly manner.

Philbert

When you do what I do, going to a GTG to get away from the shop and have some fun is great.........till someone videos and times every damn cut you make. :laugh:

When you do what I do, going to a GTG to get away from the shop and have some fun is great.........till someone videos and times every damn cut you make. :laugh:

With heads up racing, we get to listen to all the smack talk between Sarah and Levi...
It don't matter who has the fastest saw that day...
The smack will always be there...
:laugh:

Back