Chainsaw score!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbbushman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So Friday after work I stopped by my local TSC, just to browse a bit and check out the clearance tables. I spotted a Jonsered 2234 S sitting on the shelf. It was labeled "Does not run" and priced at $20 :msp_w00t:. The bar and chain showed no use, so I figured it for a simple fix. Once at home I gave it a quick once over, and couldn't find anything obviously wrong. So I fueled it up and she ran on the 3rd pull, but died out after a few seconds. Closer inspection revealed a small crack in the fuel tank where it was sucking air, and leaking a bit of fuel. My local Canadian Tire had a fuel tank repair kit in stock for $16, so about 5 min of prep work, and a bit of epoxy from the kit, and some fibreglass cloth, she was all sealed up and good as new. Not a bad little saw for a $36 investment!!:rock:

Sorry, no pics were taken. I was in the groove and pumped that it was an easy fix. Too lazy to go in the house and grab the camera before putting it back together. The crack was under the handle, and after reassembly it's not even visible.

Wicked deal! Mine never has any at any sort of realistic prices. They ask near new for returned saws that were obviously used or like cutting rocks, old cars, etc....

And I sure would like to find out what my local home despot does with returned saws, they wont tell me....

Wicked deal! Mine never has any at any sort of realistic prices. They ask near new for returned saws that were obviously used or like cutting rocks, old cars, etc....

Same here, I am pretty sure it is a local level decision what to do with returned merchandise and old stock items? Heck our TSC is still trying to unload trimmers from the first Cub Cadet yard tool era,,, at 5% off list price, LOL !! I think they just sold the last Italian made Cub Cadet chain saw last summer.

And I sure would like to find out what my local home despot does with returned saws, they wont tell me....

awesome score, i like my local TSC but i have never seen a deal like that. i was seriously looking for a welder, saw one marked down $200 on there 190 mig model a customer returned. got all excited thinking i would get a decent open box special and checked it out, turned out someone returned it with no drive mechanism at all. it costs close to that to replace so i told them they would have to do alot better on price but they would not budge. i went somewhere else for a welder and the other is still sitting there months later.

you stole that thing congrats!

Back