Chainsaw values

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mort82

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to get the communities take on fair value for the following saws if they are in good working condition.

Husqvarna 272XP

Stihl
MS150TC
MS193T
MS250

Looking forward to your comments!

There seems to be a lot of variance based on where you want to sell...you selling on this site, on Ebay, or locally?

If the answer is "locally," you will be well served by looking at CL and FB prices.

Roy

Just sold an MS290 in VG condition with hard case for 400 bucks, private sale. All stock except the muff. One loop (which I sharpened) and 1 twenty inch bar. My last Stihl, all Echo now. I won't miss it. Was a good saw but not an Echo

Only Stihl product left here is an old FS 66 straight shaft trimmer, I bought over 30 years ago (made in Japan) that runs like a top. Had to replace the angle box on the end this year as a bearing was getting sloppy. Stihl dealer wanted $100+ for it, bought one on Amazon (Chinese of course) for 26 bucks delivered. Getting long in the tooth but runs fine. Should off it and get an Echo straight shaft trimmer with their Speed Feed head. Been on Echo Red Armor fuel for quite a while now. I'll run it until it pukes as it's not worth anything today.

Depends on location. I'll give prices for my area for runners needing nothing.

272 - 200-400 200-300 the norm
193 never followed that one.
150 300-400
250 - 100-150

I sold 2 250 for 150 myself but was like new ready to use.

290 I sold like new ready to use for 225 with 3 chains.

Location plays a big part in it. Here I cant sell a 026 260's for 200. But out west guys want 400 for them.

Here is what the 150 looked like that I sold for 350, already mm and carb fully adjustable.

s150afffff.jpgs150drilledH.jpg

Only Stihl product left here is an old FS 66 straight shaft trimmer, I bought over 30 years ago (made in Japan) that runs like a top. Had to replace the angle box on the end this year as a bearing was getting sloppy. Stihl dealer wanted $100+ for it, bought one on Amazon (Chinese of course) for 26 bucks delivered. Getting long in the tooth but runs fine. Should off it and get an Echo straight shaft trimmer with their Speed Feed head. Been on Echo Red Armor fuel for quite a while now. I'll run it until it pukes as it's not worth anything today.

guess you know they make speed feeds with adaptors to run on most anything including Stihls
I do but I mostly use the Stihl polycut head or a metal blade on it. When and if I replace the 66, it will be an Echo with the speed feed head. Interestingly, the polycut blades for the Stihl have gotten stupid in price (like everything else) today, but I have a couple dozen in a container of water, ready to go. That should outlast the trimmer, I hope at least.

there are numerous one just like it on Marketplace. The saw looks almost new, $86.36, $90.00. Etc. it sure smells like a scam. They pop up every day. Buyer be ware!

Latest posts

Back