Chainsawr

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoForester

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues working with this company? I ordered some items for an old saw I’m working on. Most of them didn’t work or were wrong and I have had no email response from them... pretty frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some luck w/ them, they always responded fast when you wanted to buy something. I specifically asked for mcculloch 10 series gas cap w/ the brass insert but received a aluminum insert gas cap. Thats the only gripe I have with them. I never contacted them about the wrong gas cap. Before purchasing we discussed the duckbill valve would be mush due to age and that would need to be replaced. Evidently the aluminum insert is impossible to get out but maybe chainsawr knows how to get it out to replace the duckbill valve. Once again I never contacted them to see if they knew a easy fix, I'm just going off what I've read in these forums.

I’ve bought quite a bit of Shindaiwa parts from chainsawr site. No issues here, but with Shindaiwa parts there aren’t a lot of options and I always got what I expected. I don’t know about the other brands. They have always responded to my inquiries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old saws had many variations, that there is no current online record of, which is why one has to make sure that the part is what you need/want. Also why I don't sell parts off of certain models.
The seller should make the listing as clear as possible, but they still will have problems.

Also many folks want to buy stuff because they think that they can make the part work, even after the seller tells them that it won't. And they think the seller should pay the shipping both ways, and still get bad feedback..
Not saying anything about your experiences, just reflecting some of mine..

The last thing I bought from them was in very poor condition and certainly not the item that was pictured on their website. I sent them 2 emails asking to return it and never got a response. They are off my list of reputable parts suppliers and I certainly wouldn't buy anything more from them.

I have bought many parts from him and have always got the right part. Quick response and excellent service, only problem with living in Canada is the ridiculous shipping costs charged by US Post and Canada Post.

It's been nearly 10 years, and the parts were for a homelite 330 I was attempting to revive. My experience was rather satisfactory but as mentioned, that was some time ago.

I have bought many parts from him and have always got the right part. Quick response and excellent service, only problem with living in Canada is the ridiculous shipping costs charged by US Post and Canada Post.
Just have them say it's from China and that **** will get shipped for nothing at taxpayer expense!!!

Mixed reviews here..., both good and bad. Guess it depends on which way the wind is blowing on any given day. One thing for sure is Sugar Creek supplies that are listed as ready to ship are NOT ready to ship and are made when ordered and take forever. Inquiries to chainsawr simply get punted directly to Joe Salva (who is Sugar Creek Supply) who is also slow to respond, but who you should directly do business with when ordering anything from Sugar Creek anyway. I've also found chainsawr to be pretty arrogant at times. Again, it could just be the weather.

As for "the crook out in Washington state", I had a dispute with him over an item also. He took the time to ensure it got worked out fairly once the air cleared from him initially being real pricky about it. His reputation certainly precedes him, but he also deals with gazillions of idiots who don't have a clue and has to kiss their butts every day just to maintain a reasonable ebay rating. Part of doing business, yes. Can also ruin an otherwise perfectly good day for a seller.

Bottom line for me is if they have what I need, I do business with em and take my chances with their attitude factor. There are usually ways around a confrontation unless you're just a bigger a$$hole than they are.

Thanks for the replies. I’m not averse to paying return shipping if it was my fault, hell even if it wasn’t my fault. Not sure if it was at this point since he won’t get back to me. I have a pretty busy schedule with kids and work, not to mention the time zone difference with Colorado and Vermont. So phone calls are tough to make time for during business hours. Plus with an internet based business you need to be on the ball with email.

Right now I’ve got two different sizes of AV bushings that are preventing me from finishing my saw. Probably won’t do business with him after this. I’ve worked in retail in college and have an idea of what customer service should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Customer of mine bought an ms441 piston and cylinder from them and shipped it to me to complete the saw. Upon arrival, the spark plug threads were stripped. He's called and emailed 8 times with no response. All in the last 2 weeks. Never again

Latest posts

Back