chainsaws and chewing tobbaco join in all

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coveredinsap said:
North Bay Area

North as in San Rafael, North as in Sonoma, North as in Novato or North as in Napa?
Either way too bad for you - N. Calif is up here in the boonies - everywhere else is just Calif.

I chewed Copenhagen for 17 years. Quit 4 years ago. havent had one since.
I know.... No one likes a quitter.

I still miss copenhagen.:cry:

After thinking about it (chewing on the sales floor) I don't have a prob with it, it happens here. The most disgusting thing I can think of, is chewing sunflower seeds in public. that stuffs nasty!! if you're gonna have a habit, fine, but don't chew and spit seeds just to act like you don't!
-Ralph

Redman to Bull of the Woods to Cope to Quit.

You guys would not believe how many people in the corporate world chew.

Fred

If you can't stop to smoke you gotta Cope.

Green grizz. Its like 1.85 at wal mart, good stuff but i want to quit any good websites for chewers to quit or any good ideas thanks alot
Jack

For cigarettes I used tootsie roll pops. For some reason it has to be them, others won't do....maybe it's the chocolate centers :) Anyways, get two bags of them, and stuff your pockets with them. Whenever you have a craving, have a tootsie roll pop...or two, whatever it takes. The first week or so is the hardest...after that it tapers off gradually.

(If you need a cigarette, or chew, after the first week or so, by all means have one....then go right back to tootsie roll pops. It's the habit you want to break, not a total ban on the product.)

edited because I really don't think CIS will EVER get it.

Huh? What won't I "EVER get". If you've got something to say then just say it for christ's sake. There's a PM feature available too.

I can't very well "get" something if I don't know what it is in the first place.

Constant grinding on your (previous) dealer. Wearing thin, dude.

you had a bad experince
you pushed and shoved for resolution, but resolved it is.
let it go, we all know you don't and never will hold this dude, the Sthil brand or dealer structure in high regard.

Thanks for sharing your experience, but it's water under the bridge now. The more you P&M about it, the more credibility you lose. It's tough to take you seriously any more, everything seems to wind back to the demon MS390 and the devil incarnate dealer. How about you quit dwelling on that negative, and just be glad you rose above a bad situation?

Constant grinding on your (previous) dealer. Wearing thin, dude.

you had a bad experince
you pushed and shoved for resolution, but resolved it is.
let it go, we all know you don't and never will hold this dude, the Sthil brand or dealer structure in high regard.

Thanks for sharing your experience, but it's water under the bridge now. The more you P&M about it, the more credibility you lose. It's tough to take you seriously any more, everything seems to wind back to the demon MS390 and the devil incarnate dealer. How about you quit dwelling on that negative, and just be glad you rose above a bad situation?

How's about as long as it applies to the conversation, in this instance tobacco chewing, I bring it up. If the dude wasn't chewing, it wouldn't have applied to the conversation, now would it?

If it was a Home Depot employee (or any other employee) we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we.

How's about the (paid?) Stihl shills take their lumps along with the Homelite and Husky and every other type of chainsaw fan around here.

I could give a ratt about who he was, what brand he sold, what type of shop he sold it out of. The only relevant facts are that he gave substandard/unacceptable service, you forced him to make it right, but the whole thing can't just be chalked up to being a bad experience. The fact that he chewed added nothing to the topic, it was just a pathetic way for youto bring it all up again. Reply if you wish, grind that axe for all eternity. I'm letting it go.

"Add coveredinsap To Your Ignore List" DING!

Three pages and no one pinches the Bear excpept me?

I'm a Kodiak guy and have been for years...too many years.

I dont know what all the fuss is about quitting. It's easy...Heck, I've done it about 100 times!:)

got started young.......

.......grandpa, while dad wasn't looking, lined all us boys up in the hay maul, and CRAMMED a wad of snuff in our mouths.

"here's iffen any o' you little bastids is a thinking about smoking up here."

I used to buy some Redman every so often ever since I was in High School, but I don't think I ever finished a package. Then, about 2 yrs ago, a coworker offered me a pinch of Apple Skoal. I liked the buzz, but didn't like the taste of the stuff. Was ok for a few minutes, then got nasty. So I started buying different flavors just to try them out. Started with Red Seal mint, then chewed Kodiac Ice for several months. Then tried a can of Rooster Mint, been chewing that ever since, Problem is that it's tough to find it around here - only 1 place sells it.

My handle sez it all. I'm a cheapskate...when I started Cope was 65 cents a box...when it got to 3.50, I quit. Best thing I ever did.
Dang the money I save every year...
I could buy a new 460 have it breathed on, plus chaps-helmet-oil -extra chains and throw it out at the end of the year and do all over again.

Last edited:
Back